Thread: Trapped at home to-do lists?

Trapped at home to-do lists?

So, with many of you, like myself, sitting around at home all day - what projects are you getting done? How are you handling all of this?

I'm still in the middle of setting up everything in the garage and getting things sorted, but I did fix an old Dayton shop fan I've had for nearly 30 years. Had it at work and "the production machine shop" sort of took it over when I moved up into the main office and the plastic housing eventually disintegrated. It was such a nice fan I couldn't throw it away and have been moving it in pieces for about 15 years. It is now housed in a nice old coffee can and back to its new normal.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

A few years back, discovered that my distributor couldn't be removed. I recently decided to change to a different dizzy to utilize the timing control included in my FI setup. To this end, the pan was dropped and the oil pump drive removed and changed. So, now chipping away at dismantling the top-end to change out the heads for larger valves.
    Re-discovering what I already knew, I keep getting older and things go slower than previous projects. So.... chipping away at it bit by bit.
    Hope everyone else is successfully employing the "social distancing" plan as me & mine are!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Not only does it take longer, but the intake and heads get heaver to.Roger

Me do believe Mr. Smith needs to post some updates on his status on these projects. Hint, hint. Ping.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

That "hint" felt a bit like a prod, so I took a quick pic 302.jpg of what you all have seen b/4. The afore-mentioned projects did indeed get accomplished over the fall/winter season, with the kind assistance of of a couple of helpers (Roger M a coupla times and a next door neighbor a coupla times too). Thanks Guys!

The car is running well, but now have a few minor problems to take care of, and one larger one (passenger side torque box is in need of repair as I lifted the car at that point and discovered that torque box was quite corroded from the inside. The jack punched through).

I also decided that my "newish" electric fuel pump is way noisier than I Want it to be, so am going to redesign the mount.

But..... have made the decision to NOT attempt any more big projects on it, and just enjoy as much as I can.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Seems the older I get the more I'm poked and prodded too. What's up with that?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"