Just wanted to start a post on my upcoming project. This last Christmas I picked up a new Harbor Freight blast cabinet to replace the one I sold-off when I moved from my northern estate. I didn't want to mess with my old one (wasn't really old, per se, but it leaked sand like a sieve), so I sold it off and planned to build a new one once the garage was built with attention paid to sealing it up really well.

As I've been getting the garage setup the (still sealed) cabinet I bought kept getting closer and closer to the top of the list so I started researching what others have done out there to seal their HF blast cabinets... and OMG, there's a vast group of folks upgrading them and there is even a company (The Tacoma Company, started in WA, but now in Idaho) who makes a host of products designed to turn a $150 HF blast cabinet into a $5000-equivalent blast cabinet for about $700 more. As much as I use one of these I was very intrigued, so after watching a ton of YouTube videos I called and had a very long chat with the owner to get some clarity on a few things. I've got some stuff on order, but in the current "viral climate" he is running things with a skeleton crew (he and his wife); but I'm in the queue to get some new bits to build this cabinet. May be a few weeks, but I doubt we'll be doing much else for a while besides waiting for stuff.

Stay tuned.

If interested, check out the series of You Tube videos put out by "Ray's Garage" on the modifications this company makes for Harbor Freight cabinets.

https://youtu.be/A1dyE3bBG3Y