Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Next for a shop

The wall is less lonely now. Tues/Wed the walls should be finished then I'll help him with the trusses on Thursday/Friday next week. The trusses have been sitting there all lonely since November.

Attachment 7130
    Last edited by Gitanesteel; July 2nd, 2020 at 01:37 PM.
    Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

Yes, much less lonely. It's gonna be nice.

People still come into mine as say "Where's the windows? and What? No windows?" I say windows would just end up needing bars and then my garage becomes a jail. No fun in that.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Windows here will be in my work office. The garage doors will have windows at the top. Just want it much harder for people to be able to see inside.
    Scott Zimmerman

Interior walls for the office and store room should be framed tomorrow. Forklift will be here on Monday to install the glulam header above the double garage door and help with the trusses. I'll take the day off to help with the truss work. Hopefully by the end of next week we'll have the propane tank installed and the hvac ready to go in. Wall heater in the office and ceiling heater in the shop.

Scott Zimmerman

More progress pics. Yesterday and today saw a lot of work, I took yesterday off to help with placement of the trusses. Slivers in the hand prove I was definitely present and working. The front overhang and shed roof off the side still need to be framed in but it's taking shape nicely.

My ceiling speakers arrived. I messed up and ordered 6 pairs - didn't need that many. But, heck, I'll use them all. I have three stereo receivers to use so I can split the shop area into two zones and then use 4 in my office space.

Looking north to the peaked section of the shop. The temp wall to the right was built so one contractor could walk on it as we slid the trusses across. Glad that wasn't my job

Looking to the south. My office is the room in the corner to the left with the windows.

Scott Zimmerman

Very exciting! I remember this period well ( it wasn't that long ago - ha! ). Not too far out and you'll be inside and getting it all setup. So, are you going crazy like I did and insulating and sheetrock? Glad I did. Can heat that space with next to nothing.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post
    Very exciting! I remember this period well ( it wasn't that long ago - ha! ). Not too far out and you'll be inside and getting it all setup. So, are you going crazy like I did and insulating and sheetrock? Glad I did. Can heat that space with next to nothing.
    Yep - insulated and drywall inside. Propane heat - 75,000 btu wall hung heater in the shop area and wall heater in my office. We'll paint inside and out ourselves and I'll also do the trim work inside as well as installing the flooring in my office.
    Scott Zimmerman

Framing is now complete (only exception is the raised floor in my office). Propane tank should be set tomorrow. The electrical rough in was done today and the roofing material is sitting on the roof waiting for a little cooler temps. Garage door quote was also received today. So, just a matter of subs continuing to come in and work. Also picked up the flooring last Thursday for the office.
    Scott Zimmerman

Had a slight delay on the roof installation thanks to a week of high 90/low 100 temps and then last week when they were just starting one of the guys fell off and broke an ankle. So, the boss was here roofing by himself for 3 days and two former employees finished it up over the weekend.

Framing inspection passed yesterday so on to insulation and drywall. I spent some time on the tractor last night filling the trench for the power and phone/internet as well as filling the post holes for the shed roof off the side.

Scott Zimmerman

Looking at that I said to myself - "That's almost exactly the size of my last house!" I think you're gonna spend way too much time out there. My wife has already started to lament my "garage time." I assure her it's only due to 3 years doing without and I'll soon find balance.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"