It's a Yost "reversible" vise and I got it off Amazon. Not too costly either - even with the extra $1.79 worth of jaw screws from Tacoma Screw.

There is only one thing about it I'm not a fan of, as I studied it a bit more, compared to other vises I have, the back jaw is below the vise casting, which makes it hard to use the back jaw as a file line. I bought a bit of aluminum angle to make some soft jaws for it, so we'll see how that works for the same thing.

yostjaw.jpg

I have a couple other "big vises" (old) I'm going to someday restore and sell, but neither have the opening I wanted.

2020-05-24 16.07.23.jpg

I had a vise on my workbench on my old job I just loved. Still kicking myself when they sold all the equipment at auction I didn't buy it - but would have needed to buy the entire workbench to get it... it sold for $30! Could have got $30 in scrap steel for the bench and been ahead! I tried looking for something similar for over a year, but couldn't find it. Can't recall the brand to even start the look, though I think it was a Jet brand Vise. It opened about 8" which was plenty for doing U-joints, etc. Did many over my 37 years there.