Thread: Manual choke cable questions

Manual choke cable questions

Hello there!

On my 1962 Ford Falcon Futura, the manual choke lever/cable is still attached to the dash but not attached to the carb, since the car came with an automatic choke. The cable was just free hanging inside the engine bay, which I have removed since I am getting ready to paint the dash. I guess my question is, how do I keep the integrity of the dash from looking weird if I keep the manual choke off leaving the mounting hole exposed? not the look I want, since I would like the dash to look as original as possible. Should I cut the cable from the mechanism and leave the "dummy" manual choke lever installed or is there a part available that covers the mounting hole if removed?
    Also, would it be better to switch back to a manual choke instead of auto choke on the car? Hope this makes sense and thank you for your help with this.

Jess

I suspect your car originally came with a manual choke, and if so, I'd recommend keeping it that way.
    1965 Ranchero Deluxe
    factory 289 4 speed car

Agree with Beerbelly about the car coming stock with a manual choke. It would be easier to find a solution to the hole in the dash than to swap out the carb with a manual choke. Or I should say - cheaper. I added an AUX switch using a standard bezel and knob to operate some other lighting. I've seen plug/cap for these unused holes, but whether there was one specifically for the Falcon - I don't know. This is a generic style.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"