Thread: '62 Falcon Refresh

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    got the timing chain swapped today. Other than a very stubborn balancer bolt, all went well, lots of cleaning. Got it all buttoned up. Now I might finish the front of motor with new water pump and thermostat, and button all that up. Nice when it starts to come back together.

B66399AC-76DD-465D-80CC-FCEA7ABD2485.jpeg0F88F0A3-3CC2-424A-A90C-876321B625BB.jpeg

does anyone sell the correct spring for the carb throttle return?

Looking good! That chain was looking a little sloppy. Always a good call to replace it - while you're at it.

I'm not sure if a spring replacement is made, but I suggest checking Melvin's or one of the other Falcon vendors. The return spring was odd on these 6's; it hooked to the throttle shaft and then hooked over the end of the intake log, so it's a pretty long spring.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

found some factory assembly line markings on sunday! pretty coolcowl2.jpg

Busy painting day today. Engine bay, engine block and all the Ford blue parts. Plus a couple other parts. Starting to come back together!

heres my update and a couple pics

https://youtu.be/HpboGL4E6gA

Like black engines. Smart move. What are you using for the engine bay. I found Rustoleum 7777 Satin Black is a very good paint, cheap, and durable. Close to original... though most pre-64 Falcons had body color under the hood. I like the satin black.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post
    Like black engines. Smart move. What are you using for the engine bay. I found Rustoleum 7777 Satin Black is a very good paint, cheap, and durable. Close to original... though most pre-64 Falcons had body color under the hood. I like the satin black.
    Roger, this is a late 62, and was painted black from the factory. I am pulling from my Mustang restoration bag. The paint for the engine bay is krylon 1613. It WAS the go to for years on mustangs, but then they changed the formula. HOWEVER it was discovered they still made the original in their industrial line, so that is what I used. (Note the photo above is black primer). Just the right sheen.

Jumping back to the engine compartment paint...I found the Eastwood spray can paints easier to paint for some reason.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Quote Originally Posted by dhbfaster View Post
    Jumping back to the engine compartment paint...I found the Eastwood spray can paints easier to paint for some reason.
    yeah its wierd these really were hard to press. I got tired quick. But it came out ok, so I am happy with it..

BBQ or paint job?

If it's a BBQ, I'll expect to see some flames next.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"