Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: '62 Falcon Refresh

Any tips on valve adjustment on the 144ci? Never done it before...

More than likely solid lifters, so you have to get a cold adjustment done first to start it; basically rotating the motor to where both valve on one cylinder is at top dead center compression stroke and adjust the valve to a couple thousands of the hot setting (larger gap by a couple thou). Then once started you adjust them once the engine is at temp to the specification.

And for what it's worth... there are more people here than me and I have no idea why I'm the only one replying... other than to say I'm the one who seems to be the one replying the most, historically.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post

And for what it's worth... there are more people here than me and I have no idea why I'm the only one replying... other than to say I'm the one who seems to be the one replying the most, historically.
    Just not an interesting thread for most... oh well.

I don't believe that's the case. It's been a weird year and some of us have taken the time at home and done work on projects - my Ranchero is only one of about 20 fairly big projects I've worked on this year - and some have been focusing on just surviving; searching for toilet paper, etc., etc. Some have focused their attention towards other more active social media platforms; like, Facebook, etc. to get those "likes." I used to only have time for this forum, but now I'm posting in multiple places. Some just no longer have their cars anymore; those who used to be very active here.

Some just say, "That's a question for Roger..."
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Do you have a source for Toilet Paper? ��

Actually Roger is the best resource we have for this type of information so we generally just wait for his reply. He is a smart cookie and had a good approach to explaining process.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

I ordered a new release bearing for the tranny while everything was apart. But i only bought the bearing not the release bearing hub bracket.. I now see that they are attached. Can i replace jus the bearing or should I ordered one with bracket and bearing attached.?

It's pressed into the hub (bracket) and may be a pain to get apart. If you have a press or a good vise and can create a receiving cup and a piece fit to press out the hub, you might get it apart and back together. Honestly, even though I could make all of this happen I'd still, personally, probably get the complete part if it's available.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"