Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I have to start somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by BadBird View Post
    Beerbelly, what is your name. Feels weird saying Beerbelly. I agree and have thought about putting the front wheel well sections on the rear. I have seen that before in other pictures. Thanks and that is definitely an option. Larry
    My name's Jay, from the Portland area. I've been lurking and occasionally posting for a few years. I check in daily to see what's going on Falcon-wise.

The more I look at the photo I posted, those may be rear wheel arches from a '64 or '65; they seem less rounded than earlier front fender arches.
    1965 Ranchero Deluxe
    factory 289 4 speed car

Quote Originally Posted by BadBird View Post
    Roger, I would like to go see what they have. Haven't looked at the weather reports lately...
    Larry, this week is pretty full and the weather pretty poopy, but let's see how next week pans out weather-wise. Never fun slogging around in a wrecking yard while it's raining, so if we get a couple dry days - maybe the second of them to allow it to dry out a bit. I'd follow you out there to be safe and sane. I now live on the south end of Boeing Field near Tukwila, so I can either drive around or take the Bremerton ferry. Either way is fine by me.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post
    Larry, this week is pretty full and the weather pretty poopy, but let's see how next week pans out weather-wise. Never fun slogging around in a wrecking yard while it's raining, so if we get a couple dry days - maybe the second of them to allow it to dry out a bit. I'd follow you out there to be safe and sane. I now live on the south end of Boeing Field near Tukwila, so I can either drive around or take the Bremerton ferry. Either way is fine by me.
    Sounds like a plan. I will keep in touch. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

The car owner called me today and said he thinks this car might be a Sprint. I looked up the VIN 3R77F172709 which doesn't say. He tells me the dash says Sprint but the letters on the trunk are missing. it also doesn't have the original 260 engine so can't tell by that. The car hasn't shipped to me yet, so unable to dig myself. More to come. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

That's the problem with Sprints. They are not identified with a VIN number or Data plate. It may be. There would be some forensic things to look at as you disassemble it, but would depend all the original sheet metal exists. What will you do if it's a Sprint?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

If, this car is indeed a Sprint, I don't know if I want to cut it up and make a gasser. Totally restored Falcons are not my cup of tea, (as you all know) so ????? He said it was indeed a factory 260 with 4 speed, bucket seats and four speed is original. I am not sure, but I think the emblems on the roof pillars say something about Sprint? He is going to check those out which are not installed on the car but in the glove box he thinks. He also stated he has had many offers for the car so I am glad I got there first. Thanks so much Roger for pointing me that direction. He mailed out the title and bill of sale in certified mail yesterday so should get that soon. Anxious to get the car and do some research. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

The front fenders said Sprint behind the 260 V8 emblem. If they are the original fenders (hard to say), then this will be one clue. The trunk panel will say Falcon, not Futura. The emblems on the roof pillars will say Sprint. Problem is all these can be cloned, but if it's been hidden for 20 years - chances are it is what it was from the start. Fingers crossed. Should be interesting! And no problem. You are more than we;come. Maybe, if you get to the place where you decide which of those seats you like... you'll make me a deal on the other set. I'm not a fan of my seats and would take anything 60's instead.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"