Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have to start somewhere

I have to start somewhere

I am looking for a 63 2 door hardtop as some of you already know. I want to get started on the build but can't seem to find a round body that either isn't costing an arm and a leg or they are more rust that metal. So, if someone knows of one, or for that matter an earlier model I am going to start building the engine.
    Yeah, I know, cart before the horse but I need a winter project.
    Just like my last Falcon I know exactly what I want to build. This car will be a gasser and the engine I am going to build ia a 351/427 stroker. I loved the 347 I built for the first car, but I want more HP in this one. Probably going to go for another DSS Racing Short Block with forged internals. They do great quality work so, that fits.
    I will let you all know where the process is going soon I hope. Have a great fall and stay warm. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Here's the 63 2 door we pulled out of a shed two weeks ago. Was sitting on concrete so it's pretty solid.

63 2 door.jpg
    Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

Larry,

I know it's not a hardtop, but for the gasser look it would be an awesome with the t-bird style roof it has. I saw it when it was still buried in the garage.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

That 63 would work well as a gasser. It really needs a big block though. Maybe a 427 with a blower on top and dual quads. No hood.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

There are multiple engines that can work but I am looking at the 347/427 stroker. Attached is a car that I have fallen in love with. Even the color. I doubt if I can make one look this good, but who knows. Larry

https://siamagazin.com/custom-built-...n-gasser-2020/
    Last edited by pbrown; October 25th, 2020 at 10:41 AM. Reason: fixed link
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Anyone hear anymore on the 63 mentioned above? I am needing a car.
    I was originally going to buy a short block from DSS Racing and then add all the parts to complete the engine I want. BUT, I have been talking to Prestige Motorsports and have found that I don't think I can build the engine for much less than they provide a turn key. They tune it, dyno it and it has a three year warranty with a 80% drive and 20% drag race usage. You can see the engine they are going to put together for me on this you tube video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?
    v=rRlKrWxqJZ8
    The engine they will build will be a little different. The one in the video is a 408 stroker and I am getting a 427 stroker. The video engine has 225 heads and I am getting AFR 205 heads for better streetability. Not sure if the cam is different, but it will have all forged crank, rods and pistons. The same intake and same carbs. The engine they dyno on the video has 602 HP. Mine will be a little less because of the different heads. But not much. I will let you know more next week. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

I have been in correspondence with the estate. She has been unable to find the title and has been working with Olympia on the procedures to transfer ownership so the new owner can obtain a title. I think it's fairly straightforward.

She has given me permission to show the car since it is sitting outside. I have a brother that may be interested in it too. Since I'm 25 min away I can usually meet people to check the car out.
    Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

Quote Originally Posted by BadBird View Post
    Anyone hear anymore on the 63 mentioned above? I am needing a car.
    Larry, you should take a trip and at least look at the car. It's in Cle Elum and not a far drive for you and Carol to make. And as Scott says, he's 25 minutes away. Might be getting a bit dicey, weather-wise, to haul it home, but if you can get it I think it would make a great base to build on.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"