Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: I have to start somewhere

Hot Rod satin black might be nice:

45564.jpg
    60ford97998-1.jpg
    1965 Ranchero Deluxe
    factory 289 4 speed car

My wifey doesn't like the orange color that Roger sent the pic of. I am not a big fan of the satin black, but everyone knows I change my mind a lot. So, this is the color that I really like, if this video works take a look at it. Not sure how to attach it like Roger can, so here goes. Larry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9c1NSgJS2s
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; January 20th, 2021 at 10:29 PM. Reason: video link
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

How about PPG CopperHead for a color? This is a color that Stacey David created on TrucksTV. The Falcon curves would make this color pop.

https://www.google.com/search?q=copp...w=1440&bih=714

I think the harder thing will be to think of a cool gasser name and lettering style for the sides.

Last edited by pbrown; January 20th, 2021 at 06:18 PM.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

I have been thinking everyday about that Pat. Since my last car was Badbird, I have been trying to think of something that fits with that. I was told just to call it Badbird ll and put a picture of a vicious eagle type background. I don't know. Just one more thing to dream about. I do like that color. I have to admit, black is probably my number one choice so far. We'll see as time goes on. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Fixed the link. I like that gasser. And the orange, but Carol is the boss.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

For you guys that are good with computers, how would this look on the door of my car with "BADBIRD ll somewhere in the scene? Hope this shows up correctly. Larry

21230dd7a2acd99da39c9e57b169d873.jpg
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Tough to do on the quick - and my font selection sucks compared to what I usta have. But here's a 20-minute attempt.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I have to start somewhere

Holy Cow Roger, I love it. The only thing is, it has a TM at the bottom so it would have to be a little different. BUT, you did a great job. I will have to decide on paint or decal. BUT, you continually amaze me. Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post
    Tough to do on the quick - and my font selection sucks compared to what I usta have. But here's a 20-minute attempt.
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Hi Larry, fun project and here are my thoughts for you to noodle on or ignore:

- This is not a tribute car of Bad Bird One so it may deserve it’s own, unique name instead of the “2” or “Junior” moniker. New project, new year, new name.

- I know your quality or work and attention to details. Paint instead of decal would set it apart from the temporary posers. You may remember Micheal and Michelle Munoz from out club. They have the black wagon with the crazy pinstripes (mini regional). They are super nice people and own their own custom paint and upholstery shop “bloody knuckle customs”. I think they would do a fantastic job with any graphics or stripes you may want to do on top of your applied paint color. At least the would be a creative brain to help coach you in the right direction. We are a bunch of mechanics here. That is why I ask my daughter or wife for design advice.

- I always think two-tone cars stand out at shows... I love the “paneled” paint of the early 70’s cars. That is simple enough and straightforward for a home garage paint and then bring to a pro for the edge stripe and and added graphics prior to clear. That way you could still have your black and another color to make it stand out.

- If you go with a gloss black, I have always liked the gold leaf graphics with bright outlines and showdown in a bright color... that way you get the best of both worlds.
    Last edited by Jeff W; January 24th, 2021 at 11:36 AM.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

One final thought. If you want to use the Bad Bird... which is an awesome name, I would think about just dropping the “2”.

99% of the people seeing it have never heard of the original Bad Bird and the rest of us will know which project you are referring to.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA

Fun stuff.

if you have anything specific in mind, my daughter would be happy to scratch a mock up. He just got an iPad for Christmas and enjoying goofing around with her programs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA

Thanks Jeff, I agree with the leaving off the 2 number. And I also agree very much with the gold leaf graphics. I also like those. Thanks so much for the help and I will definitely keep your daughter in mind for the mockup. I do not remember the couple you mention, but will contact them for some input also and see if they are interested in the paint scheme and maybe even painting the car.
    The more I look at the Copperhead color that Pat sent, the more I like that also. Lordy, this stuff is hard to narrow down. Thanks again, to you all for the great input. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Larry - not sure you look up in the right corner of the screen much, but I sent you a notification question about shipping cost on this car. Thanks.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"