Thread: 63 4 door wagon side window trim removal

63 4 door wagon side window trim removal

I did a search but I can't seem to find any info on this. Does anyone know how to remove the stainless trim on the quarter windows on a wagon. The rear corner stainless pieces of my trim have holes in them from someone installing those little wind baffles that were used in that era.The windows are coming out for painting but I don't know where to start on the trim.Thanks in advance for any help.....Loren

Looking at the shop manual it appears the rear quarter glass trim is retained similarly to the windshield glass; with a channel in the rubber for a "T" and "L" catch section of the trim being inserted into it. Meaning you insert the trim prior to installing the glass and removing it requires removal of the rubber (slicing the inside lip off that retains the glass) and once the glass, trim, and old rubber is removed, the trim can then come out of the rubber. See section AA and BB in this image.

This basically means if you intend to save the rubber you'll have to somehow raise the lip on the inside nearly all the way up and away from the pinch-weld on at least the sides and the top to allow pushing the glass, rubber, and trim, out of the body. Hard to do unless the rubber is like really supple, which is rarely the case after 60 years. The rubber is available for $80 on-line, so not worth risking breaking the glass to save the rubber.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; October 25th, 2020 at 10:29 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Thanks Roger.I have ordered the window rubbers but just didn't know about the rear corner piece. It may become obvious when I remove the window......Loren

Now that the quarter window solution has been found thanks to Roger, I cannot figure out how to remove the rear door windows. If I could remove the division bar the window would come out easily but how does it come out? Not only am I stumped, my bodyman is lost also.....you can rest assured I will be adding a shop manual to my next parts order...Again thanks in advance for all help and solutions.....Loren

Loren,

They do come out, I'm sure of that! I've done lots of front doors and my old tudor wagon (hence my user-name/handle here) I never pulled those rear windows. My best guess is, without looking it up yet, is that the glass regulator has to come out first to let the glass go as low as it can, then perhaps at that point the glass track can be removed. But I'm going to look and see what I can find for you.

As for manuals, there is a great site you can look up whatever you want.

http://falconfaq.dyndns.org
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"