Thread: 63 windshield foot washer pump question

63 windshield foot washer pump question

My foot pedal for the washer system was taken out by the previous owner, but they unfortunately cut the wires instead of disconnecting them. There are two white wires coming off the tabs on the switch, one has a female connector and one has a male. I am wondering if anyone by chance has a picture of which tab on the switch each one comes from or if anyone maybe knows if it makes a difference if the two white wires get crossed. I am hoping to resolve this problem before I install the foot pump and have to go the trial and error route. The car is all apart at this time so checking the wires is impossible at this time.Thanks in advance for all help.....Loren

I'm assuming you have single-speed wipers? If so, here's a link for a used one (with photos) on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1962-63-For...-/113267432725

and also a diagram for a 1964 version:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1965 Ranchero Deluxe
    factory 289 4 speed car

Hi Beerbelly. Thanks for the reply. I saw that one on ebay but the pictures don't show which white wire goes to ground and which one goes to the wiper motor. One has a male connector end,and one has a female end but it is hard to trace which is which under the dash. I know that one is grounded to the dash and was wondering if it would make a difference if the two whites got crossed. The 64 is similar but not quite the same as it has two extra terminals on the switch itself, although they are not used. Thanks again....Loren

Loren,

Check out the available wiring diagrams here:
    http://falconfaq.dyndns.org/

I saw a couple pages with the added wiper washer accy (they call it a synchronizer for some reason). Hopefully it helps a little.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"