Thread: Newbie form across the pond

Newbie form across the pond

Hello,
    My name is Rinke.
    I'm from the Netherlands, Europe.
    I've got a 64 deluxe station wagon, with inline six and 3 on the tree.
    It was built in september 1963 in Metuchen and imported and titled in the Netherlands in december 1963.

I'm the third owner.
    The first owner used the car as a company car for a machine factory. It was used extensively for hauling machine parts (it showed in the cargo area).
    The second owner was his son, who inherited the car after the death of the first owner. This man was an aquintance of my father (he had also bought my fathers, Garelli moped in the early eigthies).
    He was planning on doing a restoration, but never got round to it.
    Here I come in. In 2001 I got home after a year travelling in Australia and saw the car, when visiting with my dad. After a few months the car was offered to me for sale and I bit the bullet.
    7 years later, october 2008 I had the car retitled after finishing the restoration, fortunately I could keep the original licence plates and it has been my pride, joy and occasional heart an headache ever since.

Pics will follow after I work out how to post.

I was a member of TFFN, but that site unfortunately went down last year, so after some wandering I found this site. I hope it'll be as friendly and helpful as TFFN.

Cheers,
    Rinke

SAM_3109.jpgDSC00276.jpgDSC00284.jpg
    Here are 3 pics, the first from 2016, the last 2 from our holliday last year.

Cheers, Rinke

Welcome Rinke, very nice Falcon and your weather looks a lot like ours in Washington State, Thanks for the post and the pictures. We have some extremely knowledgeable Falcon members (I am not one of those, but I try). I sold my 64 Falcon to a gentleman in Syracuse New York and am currently digging for a new car. Keep the posts coming and the pictures. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Rinke,

I used to be on TFFN as did a few others around here, but once this forum was up and running, and I had a few projects going, I never went back there. There are a lot of helpful threads here to pick through - and though Facebook seems to be the focus of most people these days I find a good forum, with good people, is a much better place to seek help. Far less needless chatter and one line answers to what really need to be 5-line level questions.

I've got a soft spot for wagons (hence my username), but yours has a great history and we're looking forward to seeing more of it! Welcome!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"