Thread: Comet vs Falcon gauge cluster

Comet vs Falcon gauge cluster

Hello and Happy New Year to all. I am trying to determine if a 63 Comet gauge cluster will fit in a 63 Falcon without major modifications. Hopefully someone here has tried, or at least heard of this swap. As always thanks for any help.....Loren

Direct bolt in. Wiring is the same too. A Comet is just a Falcon with different sheet metal and modification in various places.

This is my 63 Ranchero with a Comet cluster.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Wow that's a nice upgrade!
    Real flashy

Thanks Roger

Problem is finding them in decent shape. 90% of the ones I've seen are very pitted. I found mine at a swap meet and paid $100 for it. Look close you will see my signature modifications; left/right turn indicators and center high beam.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Nice touch. I assume it took a little rewiring for the turn signal lights and a drill bit for the hi beam indicator?

The turn signal wiring is pretty simple. Both left and right turn signal wires are wired to the same bulb. There is no ground on the dash bulb socket and the ground actually passes through the front turn signal bulb's ground. Real weird stuff. If the front bulb fails, the dash bulb stopped.

So, split those wires out into grounded sockets like all the others and use the high-beam hole and a green cell taped instead of the red. The high beam is a 12V LED.

The attached image is from the 63 hardtop I bought from Gary "MacDee" but the principle is the same. I didn't store any images of the Comet dash work on this computer... if I took any. I've done about a half dozen so far, so photographing the work started slacking after the first few.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"