Thread: 1961 amateur resto

1961 amateur resto

Hi just finished my car last summer no where to go hope next summer is better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice. Looks like you have V8 suspension already, that's going help brake this bird. Very clean at every angle. Good job! Feel free to show more and detail some of the changes you've made. There are a few I can see.

And here's to hoping car events begin to happen again soon. I think we can all agree on that!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Really nice work. You did a fantastic job.
    1961 Falcon Sedan Delivery
    5.0/C4
    Narrowed 9" - Mustang Rack and Pinion Front End

Thanks for the reply's Got pictures from a 2k beater to now. I've done all the work except the narrowed rear and paint. I think the most challenging and the least covered project is the early interior, windows, headliner and wind lace if any one needs help or advice I can help.

That's one really nice car. How does it perform with the engine mods?

Great the 200 with headers, weber cab and dizzy makes the car move a million times better than the 144. But the biggest improvement for driving would be the power steering and brakes.

One of the guys in my car club has a 300 in line six in his Maverick .He has plans to get a cylinder head and intake from a shop that bought out cliffard performance. From what I've read you can get 500 to 600 hp from the 300 six with all their parts.They claim that the crank is stronger in the six because it has more main bearing caps.Don't know myself but I think a warmed up six is cool. My cousin had a Pontiac Tempest convertible with a over head cam four barrel four speed . It was a great drive. Smooth as silk and ran pretty good.Great build. Roger

Though I didn't build this motor... but I did end up with it when the owner had to let it go. Took a lot of work to finally get it running correctly (you can see the build here - Freddie Come Alive). But these heads are the way to go if you want to build a wowzer-200.

But the pyramids may have had more to do with it.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"