The weather and the lockdown have not been promotive for family outings, so I started on some things that needed adressing. ONe such are the wheels and tyres. I've been running tyres with just legal therad depth for dsome years and finally bit the bullet on getting the maxxis 185/80R13's with white wall. Since I'm running the 13"dog dish hubcaps I needed to clean up my rims as well. Do a repaint this time in body colour with decent cleaning and clear coat.
But I can only do 2 tyres at once (I have 2 spares), my car needs to stay mobile, because my garage will be demolished anytime this year (so now i'm also looking for a new garage...).
So this monday I had the rims media blasted at work and today I managed to paint them in 2K Epoxy Primer.

Some eye candy:
After media blasting and sanding the last spots
DSC01049.jpgDSC01050.jpgDSC01051.jpg
The red spots on the last pic are traces of original primer that media blasting wouldn't remove.

Primer!

DSC01054.jpgDSC01055.jpg

The shed is unheated, so the'll have to sit inside to cure compleatly (we were all kinda stoned this afternoon )

Still dubbing if I'll try to fill these spots, or accept that these rims are 50+ years old and can proudly wear their scars. I don't want to mess too much with the ep primer, it came out pretty nice.
DSC01058.jpg

Cheers, Rinke