Thread: New Falcon in the house

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It's definitely not perfect but a good solid platform. I want to get a little more performance out of it. The '92 302 is stock, other than the carb and intake, and they were rated around 240 hp when new I believe even though it was considered "high output". I think its lucky to be making 200 at this point. The C4 works but it hunts a little and is dripping so not in perfect condition but I will possibly put in a T5, we will see.

I polished it but the paint is not new, I guess the car was originally white. It was a decent paint job and looks good from a respectable social distance, ha. No clear coat and a couple of thin spots so not too many polishes in her future. There are a couple of small rust spots that need attention and most of the chrome is shiny but definitely failing in some spots. It came with spoke hub caps off of a Fairlane I think, which I didn't love, so I painted the wheels and found the dog dishes on ebay. Not sure about that yet.

The entire heat system needs a rebuild and the drivers side fresh air vent is rusting, need further investigation on that. The ignition is not original and the original plug for the switch has been bypassed and is hanging under the dash. That and some other questionable wiring for a tape deck that was in the glove box and some added gauges needs looking at.

All small stuff generally and I can certainly drive it and have fun with it while I plan out bigger improvements which will likely include engine performance, suspension upgrades, cosmetic issues and etc, etc.

Doug

'63 Futura Convertible
    C4

Oh yeah... those small things. Those always lead to big things. Around here we call that the curse of "While I'm At It™." Be careful... be very careful.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"