Thread: New Falcon in the house

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Falcon in the house

Hello all,
    Hopefully I am posting this in the right place, just wanted to introduce myself, Doug Oberst, I live in Tacoma, and have been lurking on this site for a little while as I was looking for a car, which I took possession of about a month ago. I have not owned a Falcon previously and have not had a car purely for fun in a long time and I am looking forward to getting back into this hobby.

I was looking for a Mustang for quite a while and for what I wanted, (convertible, 1st gen) in the condition I wanted, I was striking out based on the money they are bringing. While looking, I started noticing Falcons and began to understand the similarities to the Mustang and considered them more seriously. I eventually found a '63 Sprint Convertible that was mostly original here locally and got pretty excited about it, the price was great, and I went to look at it in person. It was definitely more of a project than I originally planned, the floor pan was pretty much rusted completely away from the rockers and there was some extensive bondo repair, the top was a complete loss, and someone had tried to paint (looked like with a brush) it white over the original Viking Blue. I actually considered it but decided I really didn't want that much of a project.

I think it was the next day I was looking at the adds and found this car online out of Pennsylvania and impulsively just called the seller. It has a '92 302 out of a Fox Body Mustang originally EFI but the owner changed to NA because "it didn't look right in the Falcon". The front end steering and spindles are from a '65 Mustang as is the 8" rear axle. It also has a C4 transmission and is overall in pretty decent shape. The seller, who I am still in contact with, is 78 yrs old, has owned over 200 cars and has rebuilt most of them. This was one of the few he has left, and he is selling everything off.

I have been generating quite a list of things I want to do to it but currently I will just be driving it for the summer and plan to do some projects over the winter. I have lots to learn about the car and will probably start a thread about what I am doing or hope to do, ask questions, and get advice. I gotta say I am much happier with the Falcon than a Mustang at this point and really looking forward to having some fun with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Obie 250; April 22nd, 2021 at 08:07 AM.

Doug

'63 Futura Convertible
    C4