Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 63 Falcon Gasser Build

Well, the rear end is ordered from Quick Performance, but like everything I have ordered recently it is going to take more than a month to get it. So, went to the front and got the tires for the front end today. 155 width by 15. They are BFG TA radials that have the look of the old bias ply tires. Also ordered the straight axle setup with Wilwood disc brakes today from Speedway Automotive. Sounds like that will be here next week sometime. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

I feel your pain.I wanted the Sniper stealth FI. It was on back order,about 1 to 2 months to get.Every thing is messed up right now.GTARoger

In dismantling my 63 I have some parts that I have no need or want for. I have the 289 engine (unknown condition), original radiator (I think) which anyone can have if they want. I also have four very good condition spoke hubcaps (14") that I would sell for $100. I will be listing other parts as I go along. Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Hey Larry, if the motor mount assemblies are not going to beused - I'd buy those. If your plan is to use them that's great.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Roger, I'm not sure what all I will be using. But, I will let you know asap. Also, not getting a lot done on the car lately. Carol has been having problems with blood and oxygen issues, called aid crew out and got her to hospital. Got a blood transfusion and feeling better. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
    Now, car stuff. I spent several hours trying to remove the clutch equalizer bar from the left side of the block and support angle. Pain in the posterior. Couldn't get the bolts to come loose, but finally my son got them removed and the engine is pulled. Now I can start removing the front suspension junk. If anyone needs something from that, let me know.
    Received the axles (only) from Quick Performance for the rear end. Checked and found out they were making the rear housing too narrow. I need it to be 58" from hub to hub and they were making it stock width of 56". So, they are remaking the whole setup, sending new axles and shipping the wrong ones back at no charge. This company is one of the best I've ever dealt with. Should be getting new axles and housing within a week.
    I guess my plan is to temporarily install the rear end in the car to get exact locations of wheels/tires so I can start cutting wheel wells out. Next will locate the front straight axle setup and weld in brackets. Then get every thing else off the car so I can get it on the rotisserie for some serious work. Best laid plans of mice and men?? Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

I know. I should not be thinking about the paint of my future car. BUT, I keep looking. When talking about this subject before, Jeff said he likes two tone cars. So do I. So, please remember, this gasser will be trying to incorporate the looks of the 60's gassers. Take a look at this gasser. I kinda like the look. Kinda? Not sure about actual colors. Ideas are welcome. "Sucker Punch" 1963.5 Ford Falcon Gasser Blown Small Block Ford Gasser Profile - YouTube Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

I think it looks fantastic. Another style I like is similar to that but is paneled? like this van.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

I saw this one at PIR a couple summers ago; the kid said he & a buddy painted it themselves:

IMG_7369.JPG
    1965 Ranchero Deluxe
    factory 289 4 speed car

Any updates on the project?

Carol and I just got back from a while in Tucson Arizona. Worked on my brothers 64 Fairlane Thunderbolt clone. Now I want to get back to mine. I will update soon I hope. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

I haven't done much on the car lately, but back problems are indeed a pain. So, I bought some more stuff just to keep busy. I ordered a 351 Level 20 roller block from DSS Racing. I also ordered their main support. I had the DSS 347 short block in the 64 and it did a good job on the street and racing. So, after talking to them they recommended this block for the stroker 427 I am going to install. D.S.S. Racing - Main Support System And Pro-Tray Windage Control<meta name="description" content="D.S.S. Racing's Main Support System Dampens Harmful Harmonics That Cause Cap Walk And Can Crack Engine Blocks. The Main Support System Is Affordable And Easily Installed. D.S.S. Also Offers Increased HP With The Pro-Tray Windage Control."> (dssracing.com)

D.S.S. RACE-PREPPED ENGINE BLOCKS

D.S.S. LEVEL 20 CNC RACE PREPPED BLOCKS ARE TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED. OUR ULTRA SEAL CYLINDER PREP IS VERY DETAILED AND TIME CONSUMING, HOWEVER IT PROVIDES RING SEAL AND POWER SECOND TO NONE.

YOU COULD SETTLE FOR AVERAGE PERFORMANCE, BUT WHY? 20 CNC RACE PREPPED BLOCKS GIVE YOU POWER YOU CAN FEEL AND THE WINNING ADVANTAGE YOU DESIRE. THIS SYSTEM HAS BEEN RACE PROVEN IN NUMEROUS 650+ HP PRODUCTION BLOCKS.

Over 35 blueprinting operations. Dyno proven to produce 40+HP over a standard
    production block. Level 20 have advanced features like our Elliptical Cylinder
    Chamfer (on non big bore blocks) and threaded freeze plugs CNC stroker clearanced
    for 331/347 or 408/427 providing you the ultimate block for easy, do-it-yourself
    stroker engine assembly.

D.S.S. Has designed and built a new engine block fixturing system. This fixture
    locates the engine block of the main and cam bore centerlines, exclusively (not
    the oil pan rails like most other CNC block fixtures). It is this advancement that
    gives us the ability to produce an extremely true engine block, aiding in the production
    of horsepower and longevity.

Description
    Level 20 CNC prepped 351W production Hyd roller ready block, uses a 1 piece rear main seal. Over 35 blueprinting operations. Dyno proven to pRoduce 40+HP over a standard prepped production block. CNC Stroker clearanced for most 408/427 Stroker kits providing the ultimate in easy do-it-yourself Stroker engine assembly.

Our Race prepped Production blocks do not come with main cap hardware, the bolts in the main caps are intended to secure the caps during shipping only. We suggest using one of our main support systems or a main stud kit.
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Got a couple of pictures of the block that DSS Racing is shipping tomorrow. Larryengine1.jpgengine3.jpg
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker