Thread: 64 Falcon Washer Pump installation help

64 Falcon Washer Pump installation help

When I bought my 64 Sprint from the previous owner he had rewired the car with a painless wiring harness, the car also had no wipers wired up and no washer pump. The car originally came with a single speed wiper setup so I removed the single speed wiper motor and replaced it with the F150 dual speed motor and wiper delay switch. The F150 setup is a really nice setup thats more or less plug and play.

I've since decided that I'd like to add a windshield washer system to the car and found a 1964 NOS partial kit on ebay that I purchased unfortunately it has no instructions. The first thing I need to know is does anyone have any pictures, dimensions, or location of where the foot operated washer pump mounted? Also where do the hoses pass through the firewall? I found a knock out plug in the firewall between the master cylinder and apron that looks like it would be the same size as the grommet included for the washer hoses but wanted to check before I just start putting holes in the car.

Also does anyone have a wiring diagram for the foot operated washer pump switch? Mine has 2 white wires, 1 blue wire, and 1 black wire.

I''m including a picture of the foot pump switch so everyone knows what I have.Falcon washer pump.jpg
    64 Falcon Sprint, 4 Speed, Bucket Seat car
    331 with Megasquirt EFI, Vintage Air

Hey look! It's one of those wiper washer coordinators TomP was asking about. It sounds to me you are using the F-series setup I suggested he use.

There are knockout in the floor toeboard and left side of the firewall, accessed under the fender or under the dash, to open and install this thing. Honestly, I would use the washer power you have on the F-series switch to power an auxiliary electric pump, which can still connect to the stock Falcon bag. Way easier. And you won't need to decipher how to wire that pedal switch into your current setup. I'm really good with wiring, and figuring out wiring, but I have no idea where to plumb this into the F-series wiring.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"