Thread: Thieves

Thieves

Carol and I returned from a month long trip back to Kansas for family birthdays and reunion. While on the road back home got an email from our motorhome storage facility that someone cut through the fence and stole numerous catalytic converters. Yep, ours was one that got hit. They no longer have OEM parts so it was suggested I just install a straight pipe. No sensors were removed and none on our unit behind the converter. So, going to give it a try and see if I get codes showing up.
    Went to the IRV2 website and there are hundreds of people going through the same crap. According to the storage site, the sheriff won't even come out to investigate. Said thieves won't even go to jail. Bull crap society out there. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

This is the second story of this type this week from members here in the club. Of course the problem is the thieves, but it's probably as much the scrap metal buyers who pay no questions asked. Too many incentives. And Seattle is currently suffering from a 20%+ loss of police staff, so you dole out resources to life and death things. We called the police because the school behind us was being actively vandalized. Operator asked if firearms were being used. Nope. Sorry, can't get to that.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I hate politics. BUT, it is politics that is causing this all to happen. Just last week, I saw that there was a hate crime committed on 132 street near us. It progressed to road rage in the middle of the intersection. The police were called. The officer got the information about a white jeep. Got the license number.
    While investigating he received a call of the Home Depot attempted robbery just down the street. He left the first scene to arrive at Home Depot where he saw the white jeep leaving, same license number. He turned on his lights and started after the jeep. The jeep driver pointed out the window he was going forward and sped away. The officer according to new law could not
    chase the suspect because it was only a class 3 felony.
    The offender was wanted for other more serious crimes. Warrant for arrest in robbery.
    So, what message did the POLITICIANS just give all the creeps out there?
    The Sheriff wouldn't even go to the RV storage lot to see what happened. No reason to investigate because it was not serious.
    MY RV was broken into when it was at our house. When I called the police, the Mill Creek officer told me, "everyone has gotten robbed recently". That I already knew. I caught a guy trying to break into my daughter in laws car. I had a guy jump our fence running from police and steal our bicycle to escape. My next door neighbors truck was stolen. There are 8 houses in our cul-de-sac. All have had break ins, stolen vehicles. My best friend a block away had his house broken into and $20,000 of contents stolen.
    This isn't a police problem. I don't blame them. Mill Creek, this isn't exactly Detroit, but crap. Sorry. Nuf said. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Sadly Larry, I don't think it is that black and white. Sure, politics is nasty stuff - especially these days - but it's always been nasty. Getting worse with the constant barrage of disinformation and lack, anymore, of critical thinking. I see a vast need to fund things this country desperately needs and that money only comes one way. And nobody wants to pay for it, but they, at the same time, all say we gotta have it (fill in the blank for whatever "it" is). Right now Seattle and areas around it (cities growing too fast, generally) are in a crisis, but the crisis wasn't made by politicians. It was made by nothing more than greed. That greed said it's OK to raise your rent, for instance, to a level you need to make $70K a year, minimum, to afford. And when that is done everywhere, which is mostly true in this area, where are you going to go? I know of a guy here in the club who suffered this fate. He sleeps in his Falcon (or did, last time I saw him). For others it's a trailer, or a tent. This leads to depression, which leads to drugs, which leads to theft, which leads to the politicians to fix it, which they technically can't because it takes money and nobody wants to spend it. Not my problem (they'll say), when in fact it really is. Perhaps just not the way you want it to be. Anyway, it's just not a cut and dry, black and white, thing. It's a mess, that much I think we can all agree on. But what is the fix? That's the $64,000 question. And sadly I think the fix is probably a $64,000,000,000,000 question.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"