Thread: Wanted: ?63 Tail light bezels / buckets in good+ condition

Wanted: ?63 Tail light bezels / buckets in good+ condition

Sure am having a difficult time finding these. If you?ve got a spare pair, my recently purchased, bezel-less ?63 and I would be ever so grateful!

Here is one source, not sure if they are in stock

https://www.falconparts.com/ford-fal...ights-c148.htm

Doug

'63 Futura Convertible
    C4

1965 Ranchero Deluxe
    factory 289 4 speed car

Unfortunately, they?re no longer in stock and I haven?t been able to determine when, or if, that will change.

Thanks, Beerbelly, but I think the ad was a remnant of prior stock. That is, when I tried to purchase them, it told me that the offer is not up to date and that it?s impossible to order them.

I have a pair, but not sure whether I want to part with them. Have not researched replacements (emergency needs, etc.), but it appears, from this, they are currently hard to find. Could just be manufacturer slowdowns that have not recovered yet. True in lots of places. I have a used set on my Ranchero (yes, with backups), but do have a new set of buckets and a couple of the replacement backup chrome centers... though no extra lenses. I do recall - and my build thread confirmed - the light bulb sockets were toast I had to replace them. PM me with what they might be worth to you and I'll consider whether to put my new ones on and sell the used ones - or vice versa.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I guess I'd ask why their online info isn't up to date; that's bogus to have outdated info on their sales site- eBay tells you if the item's been sold.
    1965 Ranchero Deluxe
    factory 289 4 speed car

Thanks for your response, Roger. It was my understanding, and I may very well be wrong, that the convertibles? and sedans? tail light buckets were not interchangeable with those for the wagons and rancheros. I?ll have to look into it again to determine whether or not this is yet another hallucination, but I really thought they couldn?t be interchanged. If they can, I would be delighted to have the ones off Flarechero. A nice pair of buckets/bezels?only sold on June 7 for $81 on eBay, but more recently, and I?m kicking myself for not seeing this ad, four complete and very nice tail light buckets and lenses with reverse lights went for $212. Also, a single NOS tail light bucket went for $127 on July 12th. The buckets are all I really need since I have a pair of the low-rent lenses (without reverse lights). The car I purchased came with a ridiculous number of duplicate sets of a few things and absolutely none whatsoever of several others. This, unfortunately applies to the tail light buckets/bezels, as well as the correct 1963 grill and headlight doors (am also in desperate need of these if you may know an even somewhat reasonable source). If we determine that they are interchangeable, might you sell Flarechero?s current pair of buckets/bezels for $80? If so, how much more might you want to throw in the tail lenses with rocket blaster (looking) reverse lights? :-)

After hooking my peepers on it all again, me thinks to myself I'll be more apt to part with the reproduction bits and leave the Ford branded parts I've got on the Ranchero. Mine are fine and since I had to replace the sockets on mine, I may have also modified the wires. Don't actually recall what mods I made to them, but I guess I'd rather leave well enough alone.

It is true, it is said, the backup bucket (it's deeper to allow the backup bulb and socket) doesn't work on wagons and Ranchero. Not really sure why. They were no problem to install. Or, let's say I had no problem. Though I suppose a wagons' spare tire structure may impede its use there was nothing critical on the Ranchero if I had to modify something. I was working some long days on that build.

As you can see in the picture the prices paid for these bits in the way back time machine ($150, $10, $10, $5), so that's probably the get me to part with them price today, as well. It's still shy one lense and the backup sockets/wire.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; August 19th, 2021 at 07:29 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"