Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raptor/Falcon wagon crossbreed...

Cool Nerp. they are both virgin and un-touched.

Quote Originally Posted by gtaroger View Post
    Are you using CPP front end parts or is it custom fabed . It says CPP on the sway bar,but the frame rails look like you fabed them.A little info on what your doing would help. Keep up the grear work. GTARoger

Nothing has been fabbed as far as the cars chassis goes. The only mods done were the removal of the rusted out core support and battery apron. The CPP system is box stock and installed per their instructions. The steering is all factory replacement 65 V8 Falcon. I'm at a loss as to what led you to that conclusion? I would like to rectify and remove any pics or posts leading to that belief. I'm concerned, because this swap is being billed as a bolt in so anything that seems to indicate anything else needs to be looked at and rectified. So with all that said... Nope, all bone stock! LOL...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your right ,I saw the photo where the steel going under the core support looked shiny, and didn't look closey. With these new photos I can see the rail clearly and they are stock. From what I can see you have the front end setup like mine. It looks like you have the tube control arms with the plate goes under the frame rails and bolts on . You'll like the way the car drives with this set up.I used the Borgeson power steering box. I used a Saginaw pump. I'm not pleased with the pump. It makes a sound if you turn the steering wheel.New pump so not sure if normal or need another pump.

No worries, I was just concerned that folks might see the same thing and feel I'm being disingenuous. I have the CPP setup for my 67 Cougar as well... Still need to finish her up as well.

Though a picture, its said, is worth a thousand words - it may not be the same 1000 words to each person. That will depend on their ability to decipher the image. It may have zero to do with what is being shown as was the case here. I would not be overly critical of your posts (or anyone else posting things) here. When questions arise, answer them. Clarity will, oftentimes, follow.

Great build and I'm enjoying it a lot.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"