Thread: Pictures or info needed

Pictures or info needed

Hello again. I am hoping someone can take pictures of the wiring clips on their 1963 Falcon station wagon's tailgate. I have the wiring all done for the tailgate power window, and I have the inside tailgate shell attached but I am not sure how the wiring is connected from the tailgate to the body through the grommet. I think there must be clips of some description but there were none on the car when I bought it and the wiring is just hanging loose. Thanks again for any and all help.

Loren,

Never got that far on my wagon and don't recall from the sedan delivery we used to have in the club. Here's an image from the manual and it looks to me as though there are two cable hangers same as used under the hood and one pinch-weld style clip seen down under the arrow going to the left. I'm sure, once it was routed down below the working guts, it just ran along the bottom towards the grommet. Just make sure it runs - under - the window stops.

Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Hi Roger. Thanks for the reply. I have that part of the puzzle all done, but from where the wiring exits the tailgate it runs into the main body thru a grommet, but it must be anchored to the body somehow between the tailgate and the grommet. My wiring is just hanging loose, and I don't want to put a clamp in that is too big and scratch the body or tailgate when it is opening or closing, and now when I close the tailgate the wire gets pinched on the bottom of the tailgate.

This is just for back up lights so is less bulky that your setup. I do not have any clamps and it is not even close to being pinched. It is not factory installed but I copied a path I saw on an original Squire at the Bellevue All Ford Picnic.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Thanks for the pic Jeff. I have basically the same setup for my back up lights, but as you said the power window wiring is much bulkier. I see a small hole drilled in the body above rear bumper seal beside the grommet the wiring goes thru, but I don't know what clamp to use. As I said before I don't want to scratch the paint when I open and close the tailgate. The wiring sticks out in the gap between the tailgate and the body when the gate is closed without being clamped. Thanks again......Loren

Well, Here's another image I found. Looks as though there is a long hold-down bracket screwed to the bottom of the tailgate and there is a small clip just out of view at the body. Still haven't found specifics. but will keep looking as I can.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"