Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello, from Federal Way, WA

Hello, from Federal Way, WA

Hello:

The name is Duane. And in order to not bore everybody, I?ll give you the Reader?s Digest version of my Falcon ownership.

It started around 1962 with a 1960 Falcon Deluxe four-door (Monte Carlo Red/Corinthian White). With my dad, we installed a 1965 Mustang 289/C4 and Galaxie rear end in late 1965. Had that car until 2001.

Always wanted a Futura. So in 1967 I purchased a 1961 Futura for $500. My dad and I installed the drivetrain from a 1965 Ford Fairlane (289, C4, 8-inch rear end) and I painted the car. This took a number of years. Real Life took precedence but I kept this car.

I am a longtime FCA member (1398).

Retired a while back and, due to health, finally decided to have the Futura restomodded starting in March 2020, just at the beginning of all this High Strangeness, and was finished just this summer.

The final product is the result of different years of Falcon, Comet, Mustang, Galaxie, Torino. The exterior is painted the original Raven Black, and the interior is Ford Hot Red. The drivetrain is a 347 ci/425 hp engine, a racing C4 transmission, a custom Torino 9-inch rear with positraction, and the 3.0 gearing is for cruising.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice Duane! Love the low-slung RallyPac and the Comet cluster. I might just have to copy you on the RallyPac, considering the dash I already did.

I didn't get into Falcon's as early as you (I was 2 and 7 respective to you those years), but I did hang with a guy (where's Steve Cook?) who had a 60/144/2-speed who thrashed on it in high school and inspired me to get mine (a 62 Futura for $50) in 78. My buddy and I built a couple other Falcons (63 hardtop we shoehorned a 351W into and a 64 Comet Caliente) before I moved up North in 79 and eventually lost track of the dude. I had to sell my 62 to fund my move. Miss the days of $50-$500 Falcons.

Feel free to post any pics of the car and your process on it. We enjoy seeing and hearing the details, so don't worry about boring anyone!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Thank you for the kind words, Roger. The RallyPac probably would have fit right side up with the original Falcon cluster, being it doesnt stick out as much as the Comet. But we adapt.

The door-to-door chrome trim is from a 63 Futura, the steering wheel from a 66 Mustang, the knobs are all 65 Mustang headlight knobs, the console from a 64 Galaxie, the gauge pod from a 12 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, the emblem in the back seat from a 63 Falcon standard sedan.

Some people ask me, Why didnt you just buy a 63 Futura? or Why didnt you just buy an early Mustang? And my response is, Theres no fun in doing that. And I forgot to mention the front suspension is from a 63 V-8 Futura, too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fedwayfalcon; September 27th, 2021 at 03:43 PM.

Beautiful Car. We need to have a club meeting so I can see some of these fantastic cars. Roger??? C'mon man. Biden impersonation, Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

I don't disagree with you Larry. I've been a little - off - this year due to a host of things, Covid 19 not to be discounted in that mix, but if folks are wanting to meet again, I'd be open to it. It's just getting near that time when we hibernated for the winter anyway.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Hey Duane, nice to see another falcon in federal way. My 61, which is a couple years older than me and was bought new by my grandfather is repainted the original Monte Carlo Red with Corinthian White top. Sweet little ride you?ve got there.

Guys,
    I was bummed I couldn?t get over the hill for the mini. All this work into granddads falcon and between my time in Canada and the pandemic I still haven?t been in a show. I was just thinking about doing my own and see if anyone else wants to show up. Any of you up for a little meet and greet Sunday morning somewhere down this way?
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Hello, Don:

Seeing your MCR/CW 61 made my heart skip a beat

Just noticed your message. Might be a little late, but would be great to see a Falcon or two or three on Sunday. Or we could be a cult of two.

The sun window is getting shorter and shorter and the rain window getting longer and longer.
    Last edited by fedwayfalcon; October 3rd, 2021 at 10:13 AM.
    D​uane Lodell, Federal Way, WA
    347/425 EFI
    It's a FalComMusGal

I was afraid it might be kind of short notice for most.
    weather is a little iffy this morning too.
    maybe we should pick someplace, post it in the events area, and see if we can get a small gathering for one day next weekend. It would be great to see you guys. Before we post in the other section?you guys open to next weekend and want to suggest a time?
    Im pretty flexible next weekend except for evenings.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Welcome to the forum. You have a very nice car. You did a great job. GTARoger

Quote Originally Posted by dhbfaster View Post
    You guys open to next weekend and want to suggest a time?
    Considering I've still not been able to get my front end aligned (just crazy busy) if I did it would have to be somewhere closeby. I've not driven the car yet after a vast amount of change. So, I'm iffy - except whether folks would want to come here, to my place, on Saturday. Long driveway, of sorts, a fascinating garage, and my Ranchero, which I know (at least) runs. I'm in the upper Tukwila area/South Boeing field area and can accept a half dozen cars. Could order a few pizza's and make it a gathering of minds. Falcon minds.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"