Thread: will '67 rockers fit a '68? Radius around rear wheel the same?

will '67 rockers fit a '68? Radius around rear wheel the same?

I've located what looks like a good set of rockers on a '67 donor and I hope I can use them on my '68. I looked up the specs on the cars and the '68 is less than a quarter inch longer than the '67 so it seems they would fit but I would prefer to hear it from someone who knows they will either fit or not. One side still has a good torque box that will come with the rocker. I have some rot in front of the rear well on the right side. The '67 rear quarter looks in pretty good shape and I'm wondering if the radius around the wheel well is the same? Thanks in advance for any help. Dan
    Do I get a senior discount with that ticket officer?

My understanding is the 67 and 68 (66 and 69 as well) are pretty much the same car with skin changes. Similar to the '62 and '63 or '64 and '65, which all have similar under-structure, but got external modifications. I think it's pretty safe to say these parts of the '67 car (the rocker) will work on your '68. Keep in mind these are the "forgotten Falcons" and we've only had a couple members with one of them, and none are currently active to speak on this. I'm going off past observation. If there is doubt still, I can post on a host of other groups for you, if you want. I'm active on over a half-dozen Falcon groups.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

thank you for replying. What other falcon groups are you in? I am in a couple on facebook but would love to join more if able. I hear you about the forgotten falcon. That's why I think I am going to jump on these rockers and torque boxes while I can. I'm definitely wishing I had done some research before I bought my ride. I was looking at '63,64,65 but this one came around. Bought it because my first ride was a '69. I had no idea parts weren't available until I already owned it.
    Do I get a senior discount with that ticket officer?

Those rockers are galvanized and don't usually rust. 66-up Fairlanes should have the same torque boxes.

Chicopee is in Massachusetts, if it's that Chicopee, so even galvanized stuff will slowly disappear there, I'd guess.

The forgotten Falcons need to be saved, whenever possible! I hope you are successful.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"