Thread: 1963 Font seat tension spring

1963 Font seat tension spring

Hello again. I posted this in another section, but may get more views here. Anyway, I am getting down to some of the smaller final details on this build, so here I am again with a request for info. I need a picture or measurements for the return/tension spring for adjustment on the front bench seat as mine are missing. I think there are 2, one for each side. These are the springs that have tension on them when adjusting the seat forward and backward. I have checked most of the usual vendors and can't seem to find anything and can't find any info on them. I will probably have to buy a universal fit spring but I need a starting point,as the seat is not in the car for me to take measurements. Thanks to all again for any info and help.

Loren, there is a picture of the spring setup in the Falcon manual in section 12 page 24 Figure 11 I think. If you don't have the manual, you can see them in the Forum under "parts wanted" where I was asking for a 63 manual and Roger gave us a page to locate my 63. You need to look under the 62 book. The one listed for 63 is an attachment where they only added those things specific to the 63. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Hi Larry. Thanks for that info. I was hoping someone had the springs out, and could give me the length measurements. I do have the manual but it doesn't give much info on the spring. It looks like I need the seat retractor springs and the latch retractor springs too. I can't find much info on line so I may have to rely on a car being parted out to get them. Thanks again. Loren

Loren,

You should contact Jake at Original Falcon Interiors. He's had so many seats in his hands - he may know or have what you're after.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"