Thread: Vintage Falcon Horsepower!

Vintage Falcon Horsepower!

Hey all, I know it's been a while since I've posted anything Falcon project. Yes, we have Jeff's wagon coming up here soon (waiting for slightly better weather, but soon), but my projects of late have not been Falcon related. So, here's a little project I'm working on for a Facebook friend "Michael" (never met the man, but we have mutual interests and respect for each other). I've recently been helping a family in Lakewood, WA after the loss of their father, who was big into Falcons. There was a lot of stuff they needed sorting through to sort/bin/toss and I came across this. I told myself I wasn't going there to look for treasures, but the goal was to sell things for this family and I remembered, from a conversation a couple years ago, Michael was looking for this exact item - for a long, long, time. So, I took a few pictures and sent them his way - and here we are today. I told him I was going to go over and above and make this not only a thrill for him - and the vision he has for his Ranchero, but to also make it a tribute, in some way, to the guy whose family is suffering a great loss.

I'll post more pictures as I work on it. I need to locate (hint, hint) or make the connection linkages for each carburetor, and rebuild the carbs supplied with an assortment of jets so he can tune the thing where he lives. It's going to be a fun and rewarding build.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; February 5th, 2022 at 11:08 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Wow, cool... I never knew Edelbrock made one, must have been available only in the 60's. I've seen other brands but when I had my 65 convert there were never any at swap meets or in Hemmings. I guess you need to behead it and mill the top off the log ?

I tried to find information on the Internet on this, but nothing much at all. An ad from 1960. You can see this listed (out of stock) in the Offenhauser brand (appears a direct copy) for about $400. Didn't pay that much less for this one. But the guy is super excited to have it coming his way. I can't think of any way to install it without yanking the head. You drill large holes to match openings below the casting and use O-Rings to seal it all up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"