Thread: Dash Knob Removal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Most of them should just have a nut on the back. Once you unscrew it and detach the cable from whatever it was operating, the whole cable should slide out.

The ignition switch is a bit different. I believe you put a key in and turn in to "ACC" then you stick a stiff wire (paperclip works good) into a small hole you'll see on the front of the switch and push in. Continue turning past "ACC" one click and pull the key and tumbler assembly out. I don't remember if that needs to be removed to take out the switch assembly but it's a good thing to know.

The headlight switch also has the fuse box behind it. You need to reach around and on the side of the fuse box is a small push button. Push that in and pull out the knob and stem. Then you need to find a really wide screwdriver and turn the bezel counter-clockwise while holding the fuse box assembly.

Hope that makes sense. If you run into a specific problem just holler!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Be carefull with the bezels. Ther are not being reproduced for roundbodies. There is a special tool to remove them that you can get from www.falconparts.com. You can use a flat screwdriver but the risk of damage is high.

The choke has a nut on the rear.

The wiper uses a set screw to take the knob off of the shaft.

The headlight knob is removed by pressing a small button behind the dash above the switch and pulling the knob out. Then use the special tool to remove the bezel.

I haven't has the oportunity to remove the others but I'm sure that it will be similar to the others.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI