Thread: Took me 7 years, but got it done.

Took me 7 years, but got it done.

I know you fellars are going to wonder why I'm working on this and not Jeff's car, but I assure you it is still in the queue. Steps are taken as needed to make the world go round.

I bought this over 7 years ago, took it apart, and because of a funky sandblast cabinet and other things, it made its way into multiple boxes I have been kicking and moving around here and there ever since. It was time. Only took about 3 days so far to get it all stripped and painted. Now I need bulbs and a controller for it (which I found on eBay last night for $26, and made in the USA to boot) at which point I will make a stand for it and stare at it a while. It's a Crouse-Hinds crosswalk light from the 40's. One of the shades was mangled, but had straightened it before going into boxes. Just happy for it no longer being Mr. Underfoot all the time.

When I get it on a stand, and lit up, I'll post a picture of that. Want to make something that looks semi-appropriate.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

That looks fantastic! Can’t wait to see the video! Is that the original color?

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

I guess I could do a video of it when done. The color it was I couldn't find, but I found that a Hunter Green dusted with a black guide coat (of sorts) gave a similar hue of dark green.

The controller arrived and if it's as cool as it seems, it should make this signal work nicely. Still scouting out a base I like and then will put it on a pole before installing this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"