Thread: My 1963 Ford Falcon Futura Sport Covertible...

My 1963 Ford Falcon Futura Sport Covertible...

Here she is during a drive out by Sutter's Mill a couple of days after I picked her up.

Sorry about the cruddy cell phone pics. I intend to get my DSLR out for some better glamour shots that will show the old gal in the due light and attention that a ride with these classic lines deserves.

So without further ado, allow me to introduce, "Miss Peregrinator."

Classic 3/4 view...

Rear 3/4 view...

My only decent attempt at a detail shot...

A Fuel Intected 347 stroker hooked to a Tremic 5-speed lies under the bonnet...

An attempt from above...

How low can you go...

Th, th, that's all (for now) folks... stay tuned...more to come...

---
    Last edited by falconero; January 25th, 2023 at 12:21 AM. Reason: typos

That is one beautiful car. Love that color. Thanks for sharing.

How are you liking the EFI on it? I have a 347 as well, and though I've not had a lot of ability drive it, since mine was apart during its Covid build phase, followed by a ankle fracture and other "distractions" shortly thereafter, I like the appeal of EFI. A local fellar here did a FiTech setup he and I spent way too much time on, but I hear the Sniper stuff is pretty reliable. Do you agree?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post
    That is one beautiful car. Love that color. Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you for your kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post
    How are you liking the EFI on it? I have a 347 as well, and though I've not had a lot of ability drive it, since mine was apart during its Covid build phase, followed by a ankle fracture and other "distractions" shortly thereafter, I like the appeal of EFI. A local fellar here did a FiTech setup he and I spent way too much time on, but I hear the Sniper stuff is pretty reliable. Do you agree?
    Sorry to hear of your recent injuries. I spent a year convalescing an avulsion fracture of the ankle. It was a slow process.

I have had at least one skilled builder tell me (via eMail) he didn't like the Holly Sniper EFI due to poor reliability, but I never was able to get any details. It's been great for me, the power train has been rock solid. The ECU could use a tune though. Most people on other forums are loving the BluePrint 347 strokers with the Holly Sniper setup.

Thanks,
    Neal
    Last edited by falconero; March 18th, 2022 at 03:36 PM. Reason: typos

I remember watching an episode of Vice Grip Garage who did a tour of BruePrint. I bought mine from a guy in Rhode Island (Kreb Engineering). Pretty much a small block Ford only crate motor builder. I swear I couldn't be happier with the build or the cost. Smart guy too. I shopped a bit, saw what everyone was selling motors for and called him and said, Here's my want and my budget. He said, if I wasn't in a big hurry, he'd do it for me. I just feel it (the 347) would "wake up" the best if it was being done so my a computer. Considering it is a driving car and not a go fast between every intersection, the EFI intrigues me. Problem is, what do I sell to get it. LOL. And they'll only get better the longer I wait.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"