Thread: Time for a compete rewire

Time for a compete rewire

I've had my car for about 5 years. When I bought it ,it had already been rewired. The wiring was done very sloppy and had a 6 fuse, fuse block.I started having problems with fuses blowing.The wife and I agreed it was time for a complete rewire job. The car was picked up here Friday. He tells us it will take two weeks. I will post when I get it back.GTA Roger

Awesome! Now is the time to upgrade items like adding headlight relay as well as any pigtails for “future” accessories you may want to add down the road.

I think money well spent.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

That was my plan. I told the guy that's doing the work to make sure there is room to add thing at a later date.I am excited to have this done and out of the way.My car before this was a FFR Cobra. I built it myself. When I first finished building it I had done quit a few things that I wanted that I didn't have the money at the time to do. Every winter I updated something on it.After 13 years I had done about everything to it that I wanted to do to it.I plan on keeping this car. It will be my last car that I build. I do plan on upgrading something every winter. I believe that the paint job will be the last thing that I redo.GTARoger

Key on these old Fords is to fuse, in some way, at the source. Falcons, and other early cars, had nothing between the battery and some small assortment of fuses. By the 65 model there was a small fuse block, but prior to that only a couple circuits were fused... and the fuses were on the headlight switch! When I rewire I make sure any wire, of any size, gets a fuse starting at the starter solenoid. You can start big there and go downward in size in the interior. I put a 3-fuse block on Jeff's wagon and broke-out the headlight fuses.

Reminds me, I need to update his build thread...
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"