Thread: Coop vs the IRS.

Coop vs the IRS.

Sometimes making life imitate art can be difficult to say the least. While the original plan included a four-link and watts was great on paper, it won't work in reality and still maintain the stance of the car. Lets face it, low and wide is sexy. This car is being built more for carving tracks and corners... You PNW guys know what roads and corners I'm talkin about. Anyways, it's been a minute or two since I last posted and I thought I'd catch up now that I'm back on my feet a bit. So her wheelbase will remain 109.5", but we are increasing here hub to hub width to 64 in the rear and 63.5 in the front. To do this we decided to design and fabricate a custom crossmember to run SN95 Mustang components on. Somewhat like the AJE, but much stronger and several inches wider. This one also runs off the shelf arms and struts. Since I plan to run Sick Week in 2024 I need the car to use as many off the shelf components as possible to limit trailer size. Even my tires are all the same size and offset so I can take 2 spares instead of 4. The rear end was initially slated to be rear halved with a four-link, but I got bit by the IRS bug as it seems the only way to keep her low and clear the inside of the flare/quarter junction. Besides, there is nothing sexier than something that should NOT have excessive, or any rear camber, having excessive rear camber. Between FUsion 360, and the Racing Aspirations software, we can map the camber arc throughout it range. -2 to 2.5 degrees in the rear during race season will be standard, 1.2 to cruise, pretty much same up front with a ton more caster. Sorry for the long post, but it has been a while. Enjoy some pics.. Oh, tire size is 295/35/18 +22 on all 4 corners, 315s are possible, but will offer a shitty scrub line as I would need a wider wheel.

.long and low.jpg1.jpg2.PNG3.jpg4.jpg325830468_586705616224108_5160398691898771919_n.jpg
    Last edited by Turbocluck; February 20th, 2023 at 09:08 PM.

​Keep the info coming. Looking good and very interested in your car. Thanks for the pics. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker