Thread: Hello

Hello

Good to be back in the Falcon Community after a long hiatus. Sold the old Comet and Ranchero a few years ago just before leaving to spend a few years overseas. Upon return I purchased a "GASP" full size 66 Galaxie that was the love of my life for a few years. Just couldn't stay away from my beloved first gen Falcons and inline 6's though. I sold the Galaxie and purchased a 63 Ranchero, the world makes sense to me again!! A lot has changed while I was away; TFFN is gone and Falcon parts (like everything else in the old car hobby) are priced through the roof! Lots to do on the old Ranchero, I look forward to the wonderful camaraderie that has always made the Falcon/Comet Community so special!

Boy, sounds like me except the reason for the "hiatus" differs a little. I can relate very well and wish you happy Falconing.

I was on TFFN back when it was free and never jumped onboard when it transitioned because I was way too busy with publishing a technical book, teaching night classes, trying to maintain old Falcons as daily drivers and keeping up with acreage life repairs etc.

Since 1974 I've owned dozens of Falcons, mostly scrounging parts and disposing of them or parking them for the future renovations they deserved and I'm just waking up to the reality that I'm simply not capable of dealing with all those projects. I'm sure I'm not alone in this regard I'm thrilled to have found this site because I can get need advice and share my own knowledge, which is extensive, although fading with age as the retirement years are adding up.

Specifically, regarding one project that was started in the 90's and put on hold, being constantly in my way as other projects such as a 63 sprint HT were taken on, I have finally ratcheted up the the 64 Squire as a must do.

I'll have more to say and contribute as winter and snow restrains some of my activities (talking Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, here) but for now I'm hoping there may be some folk that know a lot/little64 Squire_s_6554.jpg64 Squire_s_6612.jpg about the Squire that will be willing to share ideas etc. A couple shots will say more than a 100 words. This is a mind boggling adventure!!

Jack

Well guys, we're all in the same boat. I'm down to one Falcon from my peak of three (holding onto the 63 Ranchero) and am just finishing the build of a members 63 wagon (see thread elsewhere - I need badly to update). I've been sadly away from the forum here as I did this wagon build and now it is done (shy of starting it, which is coming up this Saturday the 29th, Oct 2022. At that point I will be moving back onto my Ranchero for a few more updates as I plan to make it more a daily than a yearly ride.

Anyway, welcome back and welcome here. The forum was built to handle some of the flow from TFFN to other places, but it seems Facebook (which I personally loath for project progress reports... there is none) has most people heading there. It works fine for "Hey, look at what I did" instant reactions, but if I want to show the entire duration of a build from A-Z, you loose the cohesive bit. Not sure what can be done for that.

Looking forward to seeing your cars.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"