Thread: Collector car insurance

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guys,

If we are going to talk carpet, let's start a new thread. This topic is for insurance.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Silverbird,

I have ANPAC insurance, and when added up I think the falcon costs me less than $10/month for full coverage. I don't do it so much for the full coverage (my car's only valued at about $3k right now, and I've got more than double that into it), but the cheap rates since I drive it so little. The only catch is you have to have another car on the same policy as a daily driver, and the collector car has to be in a secure garage space.
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

Thor,

I think this is common with them all. I guess you can't ride a bicycle to work and own a collector car, can you?

Sounds like they're all hitting about the same cost.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Hi Roger,

I think they are all about the same price, but I've heard ANPAC does not offer the best coverage, so I've been waiting until I get a new daily driver to compare/change companies.

When I put the falcon in storage a few years back for the winter during a move I checked into dropping the coverage, but they don't allow you to drop coverage on a car and then start it up again. Being it was less than 10 bucks a month I didn't bother.
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

You might ask your insurance agent. My regular carrier is State Farm. When I told them I was going to switch one of my cars to Haggerty, they informed me they do offer collector car insurance. It ended up being about $70 a year.

I have haggerty as well for my falcons.
    Like roger they have an agreed apon value that requires some pictures of the vehicles and a picture of where they are kept. They wanted a picture of the garage..

I have no milage restrictions and it was much cheaper than my normal insurance carrier.. I think it is less than $200 for a year for two cars..

They don't like customs though and it was difficult to get coverage on the ranchero because of the "custom body work"

Nathan

I use Hagerty as well, I couldn't be happier. I usually end up BS'ing about cars every time I have to call for maybe half an hour. I can honestly say it's the one bill each yeah I am more than happy to pay. I've got some other cars with them so adding my Falcon cost me a whole 16 bucks a year. It's already paid for itself 10 times over.
    A year or two ago I got a crack in my windshield and called them up, zero deductible to get it replaced! Had it done at a Mustang place down in Bellevue, the guy there doesn't work through insurance but that wasn't a problem. I got an estimate and they cut me a check to cover it no questions asked. When it ended up costing more than the original estimate, they over-nighted me another check for the difference, again, no questions asked. They were both helpful in finding me a specialty shop that would know how to replace the windshield (most normal glass places don't even know how to do old cars anymore) and genuinely concerned that I had things done correctly.