Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LeMay collection tour being planned

LeMay collection tour being planned

Hi Gang,

Last year at the All Ford Picnic I spoke with Tony Grillo who kindly offered to see if he could arrange a private club tour of the LeMay Collection at the Marymount Academy in Parkland (near Tacoma). If you're not familiar with the LeMay cars, here are a couple of links. One to the museum that is in the works and one to another page that has some good history and photos.

http://lemaymuseum.org/
    http://www.collectorcarbuff.com/category/car-museums/

I've also attached a couple of photos of the gym area I found on the web. This is just a TINY amount of the cars they have on display. Notice the `63 Falcon convertible in the first shot. They also have the lowest mileage Tucker that exists (second photo). They have an annual open house but a private tour would be a much nicer experience.

If you haven't met Tony, he's a really great guy and I'm glad he's now in the area. I met Tony when I was living in Santa Rosa, CA. He has quite a collection of classic cars himself and is working as a car appraiser for a company that deals with the LeMay organization.

So I was going to wait until we had more details but just couldn't. Tony is going to contact LeMay soon and I told him that ideally we would like to do a tour on a Saturday within the next couple of months. Maybe late morning. He said there might be a small fee but it should be well worth it.

I'll post right here when I get more info so stay tuned!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

You can count me in! I've wanted to go for years but never wanted to deal with the crowds during the usual open house. Thanks for setting that up.

Me too!!
    If I'm not out of town.
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

If I'm out of town... I'll come back!! Count me in.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I'm in. Just be sure that is plenty of notice so I will be in town.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

I'm pretty excited about finally getting to see this collection. He's got a real range of different makes and models plus some boat motors and a few motorcycles. I hope Tony can get something arranged.

I'll let everyone know as soon as I hear from him one way or the other. I'll also email everyone if we can do this. I'd love to get a big turnout.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I just got an email this morning from Tony:

I spoke with the LeMay Museum and good dates for them
    would be Saturday, March 15 or Saturday, March 22,
    with tours at 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM, and 3:00 PM, lasting
    about 2 hours.

I was quoted a price of $15.00 per person or $10.00
    per person if there are 30 or more people.

If these dates don't work we can go farther out. More
    time may allow more people to plan on attending.

Let me know what you think ASAP and I will secure the
    date and time with the museum.

So I'll take comments and suggestions on this until Sunday evening. I would think March 22nd at either 10:00 or 1:00 would be good but that's Easter weekend. That's not a big deal for me with no kids and I'm not a frequent church visitor but if others think it will be a problem we can entertain another date.

Also, I'm hoping that I can spread the word to enough people on my various email lists to get 30 to attend. If we can do that and get the price to $10, I propose we tack $5 on as a way to raise funds for the club.

If we can't get 30 people, we can just keep it at $15. Either way I think it's a bargain for a morning of looking at a pretty cool car collection.

Comments???

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

March 22nd sounds great. I would think 10:00am would be best so those interested can gather for lunch in Tacoma afterwards. Maybe some of our more Southern members can recommend a place.
    A $5.00 recommended donation to the club sounds like a good idea as well.
    I know it's a long drive but maybe a few members of the Portland team would be interested in making the trek.

gfly - Gerry Foley

Thanks for laying the groundwork and making it possible. Please send details when package is ready with day, time, place (map), donation/fees, and any other information.

I would be interested, keep me in the loop.

Thanks for working on this - I've been fascinated with this collection for almost 10 years now.

Coupe
    Coupe - cooper@icebox500.com

'61 Falcon Tudor Wagon
    200 I6, Fordomatic

'66 Econoline SuperVan
    240 I6, C-4 - 8 Door Model

I am down

I could also bring a guest or 2 to help get to the 30 people mark, if that is going to be allowed. I would think just about everyone has a buddy who would be into it. Not sure what the thoughts are on that?

I would go for sure except on the 15th. That is our 50th Wedding anniversary party and I'm guessing my better half will want me to attend. I could also bring a couple of guests depending on the arrangements.

Quote Originally Posted by amasterj View Post
    I could also bring a guest or 2 to help get to the 30 people mark, if that is going to be allowed. I would think just about everyone has a buddy who would be into it. Not sure what the thoughts are on that?
    Absolutely bring a friend or two. This is not just for club members although I don't think it would be appropriate for just anyone to attend unless they know someone who reads this forum or has an interest in the club.

Remember, I'm trying to get a headcount so if you think there's a good chance you will bring a friend let me know. I'll read through this thread and add things up Sunday evening. There seems like enough interest so far that we'll move forward with this.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

6sprint3 Guest

LaMay

I would like to go. My wife has been telling me about it for years.

Quote Originally Posted by redfalken View Post
    I just got an email this morning from Tony:

I spoke with the LeMay Museum and good dates for them
    would be Saturday, March 15 or Saturday, March 22,
    with tours at 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM, and 3:00 PM, lasting
    about 2 hours.

I was quoted a price of $15.00 per person or $10.00
    per person if there are 30 or more people.

If these dates don't work we can go farther out. More
    time may allow more people to plan on attending.

Let me know what you think ASAP and I will secure the
    date and time with the museum.

So I'll take comments and suggestions on this until Sunday evening. I would think March 22nd at either 10:00 or 1:00 would be good but that's Easter weekend. That's not a big deal for me with no kids and I'm not a frequent church visitor but if others think it will be a problem we can entertain another date.

Also, I'm hoping that I can spread the word to enough people on my various email lists to get 30 to attend. If we can do that and get the price to $10, I propose we tack $5 on as a way to raise funds for the club.

If we can't get 30 people, we can just keep it at $15. Either way I think it's a bargain for a morning of looking at a pretty cool car collection.

Comments???
    I'm going to see if my son can get off work to come up. It would be cool to see other peoples cars.

jerry-