Thread: removing door panels on the 1965 falcon...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

removing door panels on the 1965 falcon...

this sounds really stupid, but I'm trying to take off the door panels on my '65 falcon, and can't figure out how to get the window cranks off.. anybody have experience in this?

There is a simple tool you can pick up at the auto parts store for a few bucks...you slide it under the window crank and work it around a little and..it pushes the pin out and the crank should come right off. I have been told to watch so the pin does not get lost but the few times I have done it the pin stays on the crank...hope that helps.
    Hal

And the best few bucks you'll ever spend. Here's some photos I've found. It's a modern car but the concept's the same.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

And looking at Kenny's photo on the right you'll see the clip pushes off in the direction going away from the handle lever (if the last person who installed it did it correctly). This means you need to insert the tool along under the handle lever, push in on the panel (there's a spring pushing the panel up tight against the handle) and once you've made a gap between the panel and the handle (and now you can see the clip and the direction it will need to come off), you can push that tool in and the clip will likely pop off and fly across the room. I usually cup my hand under the handle and use it to also push in the panel and then push the clip down and into my hand. It is true -- if you are careful -- you can push the clip off just enough to have the handle slide off.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; March 12th, 2008 at 09:15 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"