Hi Falcon Fans. I got a 1962 Ranchero about 1 month ago and cant wait to get it on the road. I'm located in Portland Oregon

Currently it is lowered 2 inches, straight as an arrow, flat black paint and a handfull of issues. I'd like to do suttle mod to this Ranchero. I like it lowered, but the paint must go. I envision a suttle kustom.

Anyway, it has the 144 ThriftSix and it runs good. A 3 speed manual trans and just about everything is stock and in good shape. I plan on running the 144 untill it gives me some major issues, then I might consider putting a 200 w/ c4 or c5 auto at that time.

My issues all reside in the floor boards. This car sat for a long time and soaked up every drop. The floorboards are as shot as can be. I've had to cut away every piece of sheet metal from the floor. The sub frames and rocker pannels are in super shape!!

I'm missing my E-Brake mechanics but short of that I've got a roller that will be on the road by mid summer {Not counting paint, that might have to wait}

I hope you folks will provide me with loads of experienced info and quailty advice. I hope to hook up with you from time to time. I hope to see you on the road.

rog.