Thread: Door handle return spring

Door handle return spring

Does anyone know where I might be able to get a new spring to replace the broken one on my inside door handle assembly. I haven't found anything in the falcon parts catalogs. Junk yard? Picture attached of both sides. I also am looking for the three chrome pieces around the windshield interior. Mine are pitted to much for rechroming. Also after two bucket seats. Thanks Sorry, added that my car is a 64 two door hardtop.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BadBird; March 13th, 2008 at 03:24 PM. Reason: More info

Bummer! I'm guessing you'll just be able to find the whole assembly and not the spring only. I've never seen that part for sale before although I focus mainly on `62 stuff. Unless someone here is parting out a car you'll probably have to keep an eye on eBay. If you see a seller who is listing lots of other `64 parts, write them and send this photo to see if they would sell the part off eBay or list it for you.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

if they are the same as 62/63...i have a bucket full

ya...they look different...crap!
    "Never under any circumstances, take a laxative and a sleeping pill at the same time !!"

Looks pretty close the this one for a Thunderbird.
    Part #
    Part Number: 21812-S

http://www.concoursparts.com/

I guess I need a few more brain cells. I was checking all the web sites for this spring and going nuts trying to find one. We originally bought my 64 Falcon for my son when he was 16 in high school. That was 15 years ago. When we bought it the seller gave us some spare body parts. Including a door. My son was listening to my whining about not finding this spring then asked me why I just didn't take the spare one off the extra door. I forgot I had it. SOOOOO I now have the spring.

Glad it worked out. You can probably blame your son for the loss of brain cells. I know I was a much smarter man before I had kids.