Thread: Falcons on film/tv

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Okay, check this one out; fast forward past the intro and you'll see Rock Hudson in a '63 futura convert. Watch all the way through and there's a '61 futura too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC3fYDQYltc
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

There is a '64/'65 {not sure which yr} Sprint convertable that is Silver with a white top in an episode of "Charmed". It appears to have been "owned" by the girls' Mom or Grams. It is from Season 1, episode "That 70's episode", original airdate: April 7, 1999.
    Jonathon Hass
    Stanwood, WA.
    '68 Falcon Sports Coupe

I was checking out the cable menu and saw "The Lottery Changed My Life" on TLC. I wouldn't normally have watched it but I did for some reason. There was a guy who won $62.8 million in a lottery and took a 25.8 million dollar lump sum payout. He is an auto mechanic named Phillip and one car he was showing off was a `65 Sprint they said was valued at $21,000.

Nice to see a multimillionaire with good taste in cars!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I watched the first few minutes of desert heat last night on USA aand there was a 63 futura parked under a tree that was in sorry shape..

then i went to bed it appeared to be a lame movie

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Watched Taking Woodstock. A Falcon is featured throughout the film.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Don't forget ocean 11 and 12 brad pit drives a 63 convertible that gets blown up in ocean 12.

The bruce lee movie has his wife driving a 61 four door station wagon.

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Overhauling

Theres a show on the discovery channel called overhauling and they have an episode where they totally redo a 63 falcon. Its something worth checking out and im watching it right now.
    1964 Futura: 4-Door Sedan (Bench)
    Paint Color: Wimbledon White
    Engine:170 six(101hp)
    Build Plant: Kansas City, Ks
    DSO: Hawaii
    Build Date:Jul 17, 1964

Burgerville 1968

I guess this is sort of a Falcon on film?! This popped up on Facebook. Salem, OR.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

1961 Falcon on Fast n' Loud

The "Gas Monkeys" on the TV show "Fast n' Loud" bought a Deluxe 1961 two-door sedan with bench seats and a 144 motor with only 8500 miles on it for $5000. They had it delivered from out of state for $1300. They got it to start and flipped it for $8000, unrestored.

They gave the car a nice discussion and said that it was a favorite of Robert MacNamara and the Father of the Mustang. They described it as sporty, as Ford's first compact, and a favorite of hot rodders.

It was a pleasant surprise to see a little Falcon being spoken of so positively on a car collector's show. Look at all the positive comments people posted about it: https://www.facebook.com/GasMonkeyGa...21018224588182

This is odd. They sold it on the TV show, for $8000, and I see it on this e-bay post as having sold for $9,300. Maybe the buyer on the show welched on his deal.
    See: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1961-Ford-Falcon-Time-Capsule-8242-Original-Miles-Offered-by-Gas-Monkey-Garage-/290985039028?viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AEF%3A MOTORS%3A1123&forcerRptr=true&item=290985039028&nm a=true&si=%252F0sYmCbrHwUkpytuIATX8Ll8ndM%253D&ori g_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

"... This 1961 Falcon takes you back to time when having a set of wheels meant having the freedom to hit the open road and explore all that this great Country has to offer!"

Yea! I'm ready to go!

Also see: http://www.gasmonkeygarage.com/the-show/
    Last edited by ew1usnr; November 30th, 2013 at 04:44 AM.

I saw that episode too. I thought the $8000 was reaching to the high side but it with only 8,200 miles it wasn't not totally out of line for a garaged, one-owner. And it still had the "little old lady" plastic seat covers over the original upholstery since it was new! Also it was a tudor, mostly original paint, radio delete, and I really like that trim package. I think that's the only year it was available.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

I record this show and saw it. In fact Kenny asked about cam break-in on John's thread and the just dealt with a bad cam break-in on a Mustang Shelby.

But yeah, this Falcon was seen on the rack on the episode a week earlier and I was hoping they did a real build on it - but was just a flip.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"