Not sure if this is the best place to post this but....
Last year I finally scored a fairly nice 65 convertible...pretty much everything I wanted and in the case of the engine a little more. I purchased the car from a fellow out of Las Vegas who worked for Carroll Shelby Enterprises...having access to all the goodies and wholesale prices he built a pretty nice high performance engine. I have a lot of the specifics if need be. The engine was built to generate about 400 HP, has an MSD ignition system, electric fuel pump etc. While I am enjoying the heck out driving it the most logical thing for me to do...given how we want to drive this summer...is to replace this engine with a nice 289/302...I don't even want the MSD ignition as a petronix would be fine for me.
I have driven the car perhaps 500 or so miles and the engine runs great. The seller indicated the engine had 2000 miles or so on it...the good news is it is in the car and a potential buyer could do whatever tests they would like on it.
The ideal situation for me is to find someone that wants the engine and is also willing to install the replacement for me...the replacement engine needs to new, rebuild, or with documented very low miles. Otherwise I would just sell the engine...purchase a replacement....and have to pay to have it installed.

So...if there is any interest PM me and we can talk...or perhaps you have a friend that wants a nice ford engine?
Thanks
Hal