Thread: Wipers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    spaldingracing Guest
    what are my upgrade optionsfor a 1960 falcon with the original vacuum wipers?

would it help to add a street rod vacuum accumulator between the fuel/vacuum pump and the wiper motor?

Quote Originally Posted by spaldingracing View Post
    what are my upgrade optionsfor a 1960 falcon with the original vacuum wipers?

would it help to add a street rod vacuum accumulator between the fuel/vacuum pump and the wiper motor?
    You have a couple of options. Ford did make an electric motor option in 62 that operated on the same 180 degree sweep like the vacuum motor. That will be hard to find.

The other and more desirable option is to convert to the newer style electric. You need to find the linkage from a 63-65 Falcon and use a F150 two speed motor and switch.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

spaldingracing Guest
    would a vacuum accumulator help the stock system? i like the novelty of the vacuum units and want to keep it somewhat original. but i do want to have working wipers too.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldingracing View Post
    would a vacuum accumulator help the stock system? i like the novelty of the vacuum units and want to keep it somewhat original. but i do want to have working wipers too.
    You can get a 12V vacuum pump and try that. They are commonly used for power brake boosters in cars with low vacuum (big cams).
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI