Thread: Interior redo on my wagon

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well, here's the latest. Things are going together pretty well now that all the hard stuff is done. Still have a bit to do, but shoudln't be an issue getting it done in time for the show. May have to upgrade my charging system though...

Here's a picture of the new 1/0 gauge wire installed to feed to the amps. I've got yet to install the 1/0 gauge grounds, but they are made up.

Here's where the 1/0 gauge snakes into the car... just behind the shifter hump. The other wires in the hump will connect to the back-up light switch if it ever comes in time. The orange wire coiled up are speaker wires. Dynamat is installed front to rear, but I did that years ago. Want a quiet car? That's what you need to do.

Here's the amps installed and all wired up. I think if you look close to the left and the right of the picture you'll see the new retractable seat belts I added. They j u s t fit between the panels and the seat base.

Just a shot of what the interior is like today.

This is the temporary sub panel. They want (gulp) $1500 to do the mirror image of the spare tire cover, so that's going to have to wait for maybe a very long time. This one cost me $8 and one hour of time.

Just sitting there for the picture. The paint to match the vinyl doesn't exist, so I used three different colors and made it work. You can kind'a see the front panel just ahead of the wheel well.

And there's more to come...
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; July 25th, 2008 at 12:20 AM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"