Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greenwood Car Show

Greenwood Car Show

So who is attending the show? I just registered online. It's coming up soon on June 28. It would be great to meet early and drive in together.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

I sent in my registration last week but I'm entering my motorcycle this year. I hope they're not strict about parking so I can sneak in next to you guys...if you'll let me!

I'm not sure if we've actually drove in together as a group before but there's a couple of parking lots on the west edge of Woodland Park Zoo that we could meet in and then just have to cruise up Phinney Ave. N (changes to Greenwood Ave. N) where the entrance to the show is at 70th. A couple of years ago I checked out the lots and they weren't busy early in the AM.

Map attached with red arrows shows the two lots. I'm up for suggestions on when to meet. Otherwise there may be a few who are getting there REALLY early to get in the front of the line who could try to hold a few spots if they'll let us.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I'll be there! I registered some time ago and got my Greenwood Car Show "Owners Manual" in the mail today. If we want to park together, we should meet at one of the zoo parking lots early. They start letting in at 6:30. Don't know if I can get out of bed early enough to be there by then! Maybe we could meet at the south zoo lot (the first one you come to on Phinney) at, I don't know... 7:00?
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

Sounds good to me but I may have to borrow someone's back seat for a nap later!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

My car's interior is somewhat disassembled at the moment, but I may come by on foot with a couple kids in tow. Not 100% sure yet. They say the weather will be great and in the 80's. So if I have to baby sit, I'll be there. If not, then the wagon will be calling my name.
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; June 23rd, 2008 at 09:30 PM. Reason: the belief I could say it better...
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I too will be coming by foot with a kid or two in tow.

Roger, if you put your curtains back in, nobody will see that your interior is in pieces.

Jeff,

There were just holes drilled from where someone had curtains at some time (my guess). I seriously doubt I'll be driving the wagon by the weekend considering I'm still pulling more out rather than putting anything back in yet. regardless it would be rather breezy with all the side windows removed... though I guess that's not much different from a convertible is it?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I think you should reconsider the curtins. A little purple silk may do wonders for your personal life.
    Last edited by Jeff W; June 24th, 2008 at 06:14 PM.

hmmmm... a convertible wagon. THAT has my juices flowing. I need a shop where I can fab...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff W View Post
    I think you should reconsider the curtins. A little purple silk may do wonders for your personal life.
    Huh...? My ex LOVED purple and as much as I accommodated her (even painted parts of the inside of my old panel purple), look what that got me...

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"