Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Here

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan289 View Post
    Macs antique auto parts had the aviator style seat belts listed in their newest catelog for $23 a piece which by far is the cheapest I've seen them..
    They even offer a longer size for those who may need it..

Nathan
    Where do you bolt the aviation style? To the floor behind the seat? I've never really looked at those much before.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

the avaition style refers to the belt buckle style over anything else. they're not any different than regular seat belts other than they are nicer looking than the cheesey plastic stuff.

The bolt to the floor just like any other seat belt..

Dearborn classics sells them (huge mark up)
    macs had them cheapest..
    I bought a set from Jake at OFI
    I usually get them at the swap meet from one of the hot rod vendors.. usually charges about $30 per, which would be the same as macs by the time you add shipping.

The cool thing about the aviator style is they come in like 30 colors and the buckles are chrome and metal..

Nathan

Oh... I thought you were referring to the two belts over the shoulder style -- like you see in race cars. It's the "lift the lever" style they have on aircraft you are referring to then. I still have the original Ford belts with the plastic lifty thing, which most people can't figure out how to open. There's no button and no obvious lift lever. They're not reproduced anyway, so I think the only real option (other than a swap meet) is push buttons and aviator style.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I got mine from...

I got my after-market seat belts recently from these guys (seat belt pros dot com)

http://www.seatbeltpros.com/

I am pleased with the belts so far, and the price seemed in line with every where else I looked on the internet. I got the chrome lift "aviator" style buckles.
    1960 Comet
    1967 Cougar XR7
    www.lattemom.typepad.com/cougar

That looks like a great place to shop. Thanks for the link.

I remember seeing a retractable set in an 80's/90's Ranger in the Pull-a-Part a couple weeks ago. I should go see what it would take to pull that out and adapt. Good thing there is they practically give me stuff every time I go. Plus it's fun.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"