Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caravan heading South to the Regional

Caravan heading South to the Regional

Hey all,

I've had a few people email me regarding meeting up for the trip down to regionals, so I'm posting this thread for a quick go-to to help track down information as it becomes available. So anyone who is interested in meeting up with the group as we traverse southward, please post your intentions and we'll set aside a few pull-off and wait zones to allow others to join the caravan. Likely we'll use rest areas whenever possible, but any quick off-the-freeway spots you can suggest will be fine.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I'll be heading south too from the other side of the state..

Too bad nobody else over here is going..

Gas prices keep going up, I'll be walking to the event..

Nathan

davidvana Guest
    I live in Vancouver, WA, so would be easy to meet up. We can easily meet along either I-5 or I 205. We live on the east side of 205. Really looking forward to meeting new people and attending the event.
    Attached Images Attached Images

As far as I am aware we are heading down from here on Friday morning. But I'm going to tag along behind Kenny and Pat, so if this changes, I'll adjust to match their plans. I think as we get closer to the day we'll try to swap phone numbers to help coordinate as well as firm up departure times, etc.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

davidvana Guest

Meet

Thanks, I will keep reading forum.

Caravan

I Might Have To Drive To The Couv To Join You
    Or I Could Be A Caravan Of One From Woodburn:d

davidvana Guest

Traveling South

Any further developments on the drive south from Seattle area? Comming up Friday already
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'll be leaving Seattle about 7:30 or so Friday morning. Unfortunately, Pat had to leave town and isn't able to go to the show. Roger is supposed to meet up with me and I would guess that would put us in Vancouver around 10:00 to 10:30 depending on traffic.

Unless I had something to do in Portland, I've always taken I-205 so we should meet along there somewhere. If you send me a PM with your phone number I will give you a call when we get past Olympia.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

7:30! My gawd man... traffic from Lynnwood to Seattle at 7AM is tough stuff!

Well... let's decide where to meet at this ungodly time of the morning and I'll just hope I allot enough time in the morning to allow for this.

I know... you just want to get as many honks and thumbs-ups as you can... huh? Nothing like rush-hour!

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

I never understood the waiting for traffic to die down thing. The earlier you leave...the earlier you arrive? Anyway, I don't get out on the highways much but I was last week about 9:00 and it STILL was a traffic jam. I think it's a crap shoot and between Seattle, Tacoma, Olympia, and Portland I'm sure we'll hit some traffic somewhere before we hit Salem.

Call my cell phone at 8:00 and we'll see where we are and find a place to pull over and meet.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Quote Originally Posted by redfalken View Post
    I never understood the waiting for traffic to die down thing. The earlier you leave...the earlier you arrive? Anyway, I don't get out on the highways much but I was last week about 9:00 and it STILL was a traffic jam. I think it's a crap shoot and between Seattle, Tacoma, Olympia, and Portland I'm sure we'll hit some traffic somewhere before we hit Salem.

Call my cell phone at 8:00 and we'll see where we are and find a place to pull over and meet.
    I was just give'n you a hard time. I drive to work at that same time pretty much every day and I just avoid the freeway from here into Seattle.

There's a place in Tukwila just off I-5 where the Hwy 99 spur that goes to 1-5 from the 1st Ave. bridge meets. There's a Dennys and stuff there. And it's pretty easy to get back on I-5 from there. So if you planned to go 99 south past Seattle, this is the way I'd go. So we could just meet there. My guess is that we could both be there by 8AM Friday. If you can think of another place you are more familar with, that would be fine. If you're planning to go from Ballard immediately to I-5 at 45th or 50th, then we can do that too. I'm going to be stuck fighting the Seattle bottle-neck no matter what, but there's no point you doing that too.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"