I am coordinating a Northern Migration to the 2008 FCA Pacific Regional in Salem, Oregon. Below is the schedule for the Falcon Migration:

On Thursday afternoon (8/14), a group of us will be leaving from the SF Bay Area and head north via Highways 80, 505, and 5. We will stay the night at the Motel 6 in Weed, California. The Motel 6 is located at 466 N. Weed Boulevard. The motel phone no. is (530) 938-4101. Advance reservations are recommended by calling the motel, or on the web at www.motel6.com. The distance from Santa Rosa, CA to Weed CA is 267 miles.

On Friday morning, we'll leave the Motel 6 for Salem, Oregon by 8:00 am. The distance from the Motel 6 in Weed to the Red Lion Hotel in Salem is 306 miles. We'll plan on stopping for lunch somewhere en route to Salem. Many of us have made reservations to stay at the Host Hotel (Red Lion) for Friday and Saturday nights (8/15-8/16). Below is information regarding reservations and location of the Hotel Hotel:

HOST HOTEL - Red Lion Hotel
3301 Market Street NE, Salem, OR 97301
Call (503) 370-7888 or (800) 248-6273
Mention the Falcon Club for special rate of $89.00+tax
Reservations must be made by July 25, 2008 for special rate

There will be a car wash area set up at the back of the Red Lion Hotel.

There are a lot of fun-packed activities scheduled for Friday night and at the Regional Show on Saturday. For more information, pls check out http://www.rainierfalcons.com/08regional.html

On Sunday, most of us will be attending the Dearborn Classics show at the nearby Woodburn Dragstrip. Since you have traveled this far, you do not want to miss this Ford Fever Classic Show. For more information about this show, please check out http://www.dearbornclassics.com/2008_car_show.html

A group of us will leave after the Dearborn show on Sunday afternoon and travel to Grants Pass Oregon. The distance from Woodburn to Grants Pass is is 215 miles. We'll be staying at the Motel 6 in Grants Pass on Sunday night (8/17). The motel is located at 1800 NE 7th Street, I-5 at NE 6th Street, Exit #58, Grants Pass, OR, 97526. You can make reservations by calling (541) 474-1331 or on the web at www.motel6.com. On Monday morning, we'll head south to points in California.

As with any road trip, please be prepared as best you can for any emergencies or problems. If we travel as a group, then we can watch out for one another and assist each other as necessary. This will be a cruise, not a race...so you can expect to travel at 60-65 mph. If you can't travel with us, but plan on driving there alone, then please feel free to contact me at sonoma@westcoastfalcons.com for my cell phone no.

Let me know if you have any questions...and let's all have a safe trip there and back! Pls feel free to pass this message on to anybody that may be interested. Thank you!

Al Aiello
Sonoma County Falcons