Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford Picnic @ BCC sunday the 1st.

Smile Ford Picnic @ BCC sunday the 1st.

How many falcon people are going to the ford show sunday..??

I'll be there. Hopefully the rain will stay at bay! There's another thread going already for this event with some info on meeting up in the morning:

http://www.rainierfalcons.com/forums...read.php?t=487

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Unless it pouring buckets, I will be there.

I'll be there weather permitting.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Unless its pouring down rain, in which case I doubt the show will be a show worth attending, I'm planning to be there. I have to drive from home (Mill Creek) to the top of Renton to get the car out of my friends garage (hopefully the key I made actually works... he's in the hospital), but should be able to make it to the BK by 9AM if everything works out.

I've got Kenny's cell# I think, so if I'm not gonna make it or am running late I'll call. If you don't see or hear from me by 9:30AM I'm not going to make it at all.

FWIW, I just flew in from Indy a couple hours ago and was up all last night due to severe thunder storms (with tornado's) like nothing I've ever witnessed. Got maybe 1 hour of sleep in past 24 hours...
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I was unable to make it to the All ford Picnic and am curious how it went. The weather sure did not cooperate...at least up here in Buckley...

Last year I really enjoyed it plus meeting some of the Falcon folks so hopefully the turnout was good?

Hal

The show was well attended by Falcons from our group as well as a few from outside the nest. We had Kenny, Pat, Jeff, Gary, John, Paul and Kathy and myself for 7 cars total all in a row. Weather held out there - not a drop. I'd say there was at least 200-300 cars. Sorry you were unable to make it...

I'll post a few pictures as soon as I can.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I'm glad it was a good turnout...but now I'm kicking myself for not going...it was a stretch anyway with family from out of town coming would had to leave fairly early...plus the weather looked like it could rain at any moment. I guess the rule of thumb going forward is just "go for it"...

With the mild weather would have been great to look at cars....I know last year it was getting pretty dang warm by early afternoon.

I'm sure there will be other car shows the group will be going to and I sure will try and make one.

Hal

Great show but I should have brought a heavier jacket. It stayed pretty chilly all day but there were lots of interesting Fords to look at.

I think I saw another 7 or 8 Falcons sprinkled throughout the other cars. And a good showing of some pretty cool rat rods!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Man I need to move

I go to many of the shows here on the east side and I see the same falcons over and over, if there are any falcons..

Good news is I'm getting closer to having all the issues worked out on the 61.. just needs to be aligned..

Nathan
    ( one more post closer to the top)

It was chilly. To get a few extra dollars for the club we considered selling time in Pat's heated seats... but there was concern that it may damage his "third" Optima battery

....no pics????
    "Never under any circumstances, take a laxative and a sleeping pill at the same time !!"

I took a few and will post tomorrow. My charger on the laptop is being fussy and I won't get a new one for a few days so I need to shut down and try to get it working.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

OK...here's a quick PhotoShop web page I did. A few duplicates and no editing but I hope you enjoy! Anyone else feel free to post any photos they took here.

http://www.redfalken.com/FordPicnic08/index.html

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

Here is a picture of the 427 SOHC that Gary was talking about. I also found a site with some history. I didn't know such a beast was existed.

I think it was in a 64 Fairlane...

http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/...sue01-a2-1.php
    Attached Images Attached Images