Thread: Dearborn All Ford Show - Sunday

Dearborn All Ford Show - Sunday

Just walked in the door from my white-knuckle drive back from Oregon. Here's a small sampling of pictures from the Sunday after the Regional at Dearborn's All Ford Show at the Woodburn drags. It was hard to take a lot of pictures of both the drags and the cars, but I got some of the more unique cars.

If anyone wants a CD-r or two of the pictures I took, PM me and we'll work something out.

Overlooking a flock of Falcons. That's Kenny posing on the right.

Pretty famous car... and driver... Phil Bonner

Another cool 427 powered 'bolt

No question this is a Ford...

Nice to the last bolt...

This is Racer Dave just before he had to change his drawers. Skinny tires and lots of power made for a stadium full of gasps. Fortunately he was able to get it under control before putting it into the left wall.

Powell from Canada got a free run down the track in his very cool sedan. Ran a 14.37.

Would have loved to have seen this run, but there was a couple pretty fast wagons blowin' the doors off some cars.

There's a lot more than this, but as I said above I just got home. Unfortunately I had a bit of trouble with my wagon heading down to Grants Pass. I was barely able to pull any mountain pass at more than 45MPH without the car coughing and gasping. Not having any time or tools to speak of, I did some basic swapping out of fuel filter, then fuel pump, then on the way back found myself in a rest area in the middle of nowhere converting back to points and condenser (made it worse, so I converted back to Pertronix). Anyway, what should have been about a 7 hour drive took 12. Still think its fuel starvation, so will have to look at everything from the tank to the carb. It's certainly not living up to its "best 6 cylinder" reputation at the moment. Sigh...
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Sorry to hear that, I was hopeing you got it fixed, bummer...., how did it run on the flat up to seattle? still not good? do cams go flat on I 6's ??... just a thought....that little red 65 not only looks good, it's quick too....
    john h

Thanks for the pictures. My '62 did the same thing when I bought it. I ended up shaking about 2 pounds of rust out of the tank and using the Kreem kit (or POR 15) to seal in the rest. Maybe you could drop a magnet into the tank in a string and see if it comes out "clean".

maybe you can trade your "Best Inline Six" award for the "Hard Luck" Plaque...

Good luck and keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon cobra View Post
    Sorry to hear that, I was hopeing you got it fixed, bummer...., how did it run on the flat up to seattle? still not good? do cams go flat on I 6's ??... just a thought....that little red 65 not only looks good, it's quick too....
    john h
    It ran for the most part OK on the flats. There was aperiod of time about when I got back to Salem again on the return trip that it also didn't like the flats, but by Vancouver it was running pretty good. That lasted about 1-hour then it was bad again all the way to my garage. Flat cams don't fix themselves and then fail again, do they? And yes the red 65 was quick.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"