Yes, the head, intake manifold and head studs arrived and are all now over at Carter's place waiting to be fitted to the engine. I also bought a new 390-cfm Holley 4-bbl, a reconditioned dual-advance distributor, Pertronix II ignition kit, Flamethrower 45kv distributor and wires.

We're in the middle of rebuilding the tranny right now so not much is happening with the engine. We're pretty much following Kenny's lead with the C4, using his well-done web site and his recommended resources. One difference is that I had the torque converter stall speed modified ('bout 2600). Found a place in Auburn that could do it.

As I said earlier, I'm still very anxious about the installation. Carter's place isn't very convenient for doing the swap, and besides he is going in for an operation in October and will be out of commission for a while after that. My garage has a low ceiling and my driveway slopes significantly so I'm doubting I'll be able to do it safely there. Does anyone know of, or have, a place that could have a disabled bird stuck there for a few days?

I'm really looking forward to the drive to the muffler shop...uncorked!